Saturday, September 08, 2012

finish, win, win, tantrum . . .

No, that's not some bizarre take-off of "duck, duck, goose" . . . but an apt description of the next eight photos I'm going to share!

Finish:
I finally got the required stitcheries done for my Color Theory lesson.  Yay!
I still have one more to do, but it's one I chose to do for me, not for the lesson.  You can see, though, that I really did need a fourth one.  I'm going to call this Theoretically.  Haha!!

Win:
And what a happy win!  I blog hopped during the Back to School blog hop.  There was some fantastic blogs represented and some marvelous prizes ... not the least of which were this beautiful Kaffe Fasset book from A Quilt and A Prayer and my darling friend Teresa!  
Oh gosh, you should see some of the beautiful quilts/fabrics/patterns in these pages.  

And Teresa also included instructions for a darling tea pot block that she found and knowing my affinity for tea, thought of me.  What a thoughtful friend!

Win:
Another happy win!  I won this darling cat panel from Sarah Did It! and her Feline Friday giveaway!
I love these sweet cats -- I was telling Sarah how much they remind me of a set of cat nesting dolls I brought back for my mom from Moscow, several years ago.  I'll have to get my mom to send me a pic of them!

Also included in said package from Sarah were these delicious batik fat quarters, from her recent trip to the Adirondacks! 
This will kill my no-stash-added streak of the last couple of weeks, but I'm not complaining!  I love shopping vicariously through Sarah -- she's got terrific taste!  These are just scrumptious!

Tantrum:
This picture of my sweet little Ellie just makes me howl with laughter every time I see it.  Mind you, she's not hurt ... she's mad.  Really mad.  You want to know why?  Because Jocelyn had given her two little tastes of real whipped cream ... and wouldn't give her a third.  Rut roh!!  I love her and think she's precious anyway ... but you can bet this Neesey won't be withholding that whipped cream from her darling grandbaby!

Bonus:  If you get a minute today, please head over to my friend Paula's Initially PMS! blog ... she's a relative newcomer to the blogging world, but a kindred spirit and a fellow quilter ... and she's sharing a fabulous tour of her quilting/sewing room, as well as teasers for what promises to be a mega-giveaway!!  And don't worry -- the PMS is her initials ... not a commentary on her disposition!!  She's a darling!

I'm working on round two of Grandmother's Choice ... yay!!

:)

13 left a comment . . .:

Kate said...

Your homework derserves an A+, you are a great student! Love how it's turning out.

Congrats on the wins, love those kitty panels.

Ahh, poor Ellie. But best she learn early that sometimes you have to stop at 2 spoonfuls or else the jeans don't zip. One of the really unfair things about being a girl.

Missy Shay said...

How exciting for the wins!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely stitching. Oh, the terrible twos will be a thrill!!!

Teresa said...

All the fabric and the blocks are gorgeous! So is Ellie even when she is mad! Congrats on the wins, too. Awesome time for you!

Janet O. said...

Your little stitched sashings are grand! Love 'em!!
I've seen your wins on those two blogs--and wondered if there were others I have missed hearing about. You are on a roll, woman! : )
That tantrum photo is so funny. Grandma would never have caused such a moment, that's for sure!

Editfolt said...

I like you a lot of tissues! What about you? Your feet are good?

Jean(ie) said...

Bwahahahahahaa.... you meanie-heads... Poor abused Ellie...

Love all your prizes, you lucky gal! Off to visit the new blogger!

Teresa in Music City said...

Ooooh - now winning batik fabrics is a REAL win!!! Those are gorgeous and well worth having to add them to your stash numbers :*) Miss Ellie looks like she may have a little bit of a temper! But that's okay, because every girl needs a little temper to keep her interesting!

Connie said...

Beautiful homework and what great wins! Little Ellie is cute even having a tantrum!!

Amy said...

Lovely wins. I really like the batik fabrics. Sooo nice.

Judy D in WA said...

Oh My, sweet little Ellie is precious!
Fabulous stash additions!
Love the stitcheries.

Sarah said...

Lots of beautiful prizes and projects. We all just need to get those tantrums out of our systems don't we?!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

If YOU didn't buy it, does it really have to count towards your stash count????