Saturday, September 22, 2012

show and tell saturday . . .

Whew!  What a *busy* day yesterday was.  But first ... I did bring my camera, fully charged and ready to go.  I had to capture a shot of my lil' darling . . . 
But I'm telling you, I'm so busy enjoying her, I don't get a whole lot of pics of her (and this one isn't a great one ... but look at those big, beautiful eyes ... such a serious girl--she'd just woken up)!  C'est la vie.

Joc and I worked (or played at working?) hard yesterday, getting ready for . . .
The baby shower!!

Take a look a this stack:
And this pile . . .
Not mine -- thank goodness -- Joc's!  She's become a bigger fabricoholic than *I* am!!  The chevrons? No particular purpose, "It was just pretty!"  Hahaha ... she's sunk!

The first stack was for assorted pieces of the shower.  Aren't the colors fun? June's nursery colors!  First thing Joc was going to do was cut strips.  With scissors.  I told her not to do scissors, that I'd bring tools that would make strip cutting a breeze!  I brought my June Tailor Shape Cutter ruler and after showing Joc how it worked . . . 
She made short work of the first set of strips!
And shorter work of the bunch!

In no time, she had created a masterpiece!
Isn't it darling??  J is for June!

One of my favorite jobs yesterday?  Making S'mores on a Stick!!  They were so easy.  I gathered my chocolate melts, graham cracker crumbs, 6" sticks and marshmallows.
Dip the marshmallows in the melted chocolate, dip the tops in the graham cracker crumbs, and voila . . .
And they taste pretty darn good, too!  Perfect for a Saturday Show & Tell party over at Cheerios and Lattes!

And as for Friday Night's Sew-In, I didn't get to the project I'd originally planned on, but I did get some important stitching taken care of!  Using the same fabrics from the wreath (and other projects), Joc wanted a matching runner for her table for the shower.  So I cut strips of varying widths and stitched 'em up.
This would have been very cute as a quilted table runner, but we were running out of time, so I simply tucked the raw edges under and stitched it down.

It's a *little* long for my table . . .
But it will look perfect on Joc's dining room table!

I'm outta here -- got to get ready for the big day . . . y'all enjoy this glorious first day of FALL!!

:)

16 left a comment . . .:

Melissa Bishop said...

I'm sure you are not out of the woods yet. make sure you get plenty of rest so as not to have a relapse. Gorgeous fabrics!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Ellie just gets more precious every time you share a picture of her, which is saying a lot since she was pretty cotton pickin' precious to begin with! And yes, I think YOUR little girl is sunk. The fabric addiction is official. She can deny it all she wants, but I'm not buying it. :)
That wreath is darling! I've made a few, but the addition of that initial is just perfect! How did y'all adhere it to the wreath? I need to make one.
S'mores on a stick? Yes, please!
And that runner is so pretty in those sherbert-y colors!

Barbara F. said...

Denise, I swear, you have more energy than the energizer bunny! I love the colors for the baby shower, and the wreathe is beautiful. "June", such an old fashioned pretty name. I know a June, too. xo

Cathy said...

Great ideas, for both the s'mores, the wreathe - it is gorgeous - and the table runner. You can always quilt it when you get a bit more time, so she can have it fully quilted for her table later

Kris said...

Oh, Denise - It looks like you and Joc had a glorious time!! I love the wreath and your table runner is gorgeous!! Have soooo much fun today!! Happy first day of Fall!! :-) I'm working in the basement today - the future Quilting Studio!! Ha! Ha!!

Mary said...

Joc has more fabric to use with Ellie's Weekly Pictures. Cute wreath! how nice of your to share your tools. I'll have to try those smores on a stick! YUMM-O.

Susan said...

What fun! Love the fabrics...perfect for a baby shower!

Jean(ie) said...

Cute wreath! Love it!!!!

Barbara said...

Looks like great fun. Ellie is so cute, she makes me want to cry!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

My goodness! You accomplished sooo much on Friday Night :)
So many pretty things! I expecially love the wreath....I'll have to remember it for the next baby shower. It's adorable!

Love Bears All Things said...

Wow!
Isn't it fun to work side by side with your girls....I love the wreath..we'll be making one with Christmas fabric in a workshop soon. I'm not looking forward to cutting those strips of fabric, though. 90 in all for this one.
Pictures of babies: When Wonder Boy was a baby(14 now), I made several every time I saw him...there must be hundreds of the little guy..
Mama Bear

sulrossgrad said...

Popping in from Freemotion by the River linky party. To my delight your blog is so fun!
Emma

Cyn ;-) said...

Hi... I'm visiting from Freemotion by the River Linky Party. Your Smore's On A Stick look so yummy. Can't wait to try that with my grands. Thanks for the How2s!
The wreath turned out darling.

Sarah said...

Such an adorable wreath. I've done a string of lights with tied plaids but never thought of a wreath. The lights are a great night lite...

Jennifer W. said...

So nice of you to whip up that last minute runner. The colors for the shower and the runner are all gorgeous! Great FNSI. :)

Connie said...

What a wonderful photo of you and Ellie! Two beauties!! Love the colors that you both picked out for the baby shower and what a great wreath! Your S'mores look yummy! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion at the River Linky Party Tuesday