Wednesday, September 12, 2012

it's beginning to look a lot like . . .

Well, autumn, of course!!  

I got four of my six leaves finished yesterday evening.  
I haven't pressed them or stitched up the sides.  I haven't even really finished completely getting the right sides smoothed out.  Maybe if I get in there and get the last two done, I can take the whole kit and caboodle to Joc's and work the hand work while Ellie's napping.  Hmmmm . . .

I finished up my Color Theory course!  YAY!  I actually turned my last lesson in (very late) Sunday evening.  I got word Monday evening that I'd done well and passed the course.  Whew!  And better than a whole month early, too!
This was one of the final assignments.  Matching colors to pictures.  I used a picture of the Mayflower.  I know I've talked about wanting to do a landscape quilt using this as the focal.  Now I'm that much closer!

Finishing the CT course means I'm also eligible for other classes offered on StitchMAP, because it's a prerequisite for every other class.  And there's a new redwork class that's coming up soon!  I am signed up for it, too.  Yay!

I'm finally on the upswing ... a cold, sinuses and just the general "crud" has plagued me for about the last two weeks.  Unfortunately, as is often the way, Todd's just starting to come down with it.  Poor guy!

Conversation between Sawyer and his stuffed animal, "Baby," overheard by Kim:
Sawyer:  Baby, are you excited about Baby June?
Baby:  Uh-huh!
Sawyer:  Do you love Baby June?
Baby:  Uh-yes!
How sweet is he?!  Precious little guy; he'll make such a great big brother!!  Kim says she's been spoiling him just a bit lately, knowing that in less than two months, her attention will be divided.  I remember being that way with Jocelyn, before James was born, too.  

I was over there yesterday afternoon, right after he'd gotten up from his nap.  I was getting ready to leave and he grabbed my hand and said, "Okay, I go with Neesey for ride."  Kim told him that I had to go, and that he could go on a ride with her.  I turned towards the door and he broke into tears . . . "I want to go with Neesey!"  Awwww!  I opened my arms and he ran right into them.  How could I refuse?  He came with me to the grocery store and Kim met me there a little while later and all was good.  Love my little man!

:)

13 left a comment . . .:

Teresa in Music City said...

Awwwww! I Remember when my grandbabies were little and they would cry to stay with me :*) Sawyer is such a sweetie! Congratulations on completing your color course! You impressed me with your determination to do it right and get the most from the class. Can't wait to see your leaves & acorns =^..^=

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Ahh - how cute!

Jean(ie) said...

awwwww. That's love, dear... pure love! Remind him of that when he's older.

so sweet!

Cathy said...

Oh how sweet! And did Neesey a few tears in her eyes, as well? Isn't it a wonderful feeling to know you are loved. Just lately I often get so overwhelmed with the wonderfulness of the knowledge of being loved.

Mary said...

I'm all a twitter, I got to Skype with my Youngest Grandson this morning. Made my Day! He blew me kisses and said "mama". They just melt our hearts those cuties. Thanks or not saying it's beginning to look like Christmas. I'm so not ready, for that weather and season, Yet!

Janet O. said...

Just as we had no idea, in our prechildren days, what it would mean to have children, we also have no clue before they come, what grandchildren will mean in our lives.

Linda in Calif. said...

Awww...I'm so glad you were able to take him with you to the store. What a sweet little guy. Your colors look wonderful for the ship. That will be a fun project. I've always wanted to do a landscape quilt too.

Momof3girls said...

That's so sweet!

I don't have time to join the different clubs like you do, but I do enjoy watching to see what you will do next. :D

Melissa Labella said...

I so look forward to having sweet stories like yours. My boys horrible teenager leeches now, (well two of them and a 10yo who thinks he's 80 and has experienced everything and is an expert on it all.) And thanks for sending me on over to Paula, I actually won her drawing! Yay, maybe your luck is rubbing off on me :0)

Melissa Bishop said...

I'm glad you found all of your acorn and leaf patterns. They are so cute. It has taken me several days to find a sheet of paper that contains paint mixing recipes. So frustrating while lost, but then joyous when found.
Thanks for stopping by and happy creating!

Kate said...

Your leaves and acorns are looking good.

Congrats on finishing up the class and passing with flying colors.

Love Bears All Things said...

I agree with Theresa there. Remembering when mine cried when I left, too.
Thanks for visiting me lately and your wonderful comments. Yes, my club had tea at Emma's a few Saturdays ago. It was fun. We'll have to meet there sometime.
Love the leaves.
Mama Bear

Sarah said...

It's so nice to be loved! Congrats on finishing your class early.