Wednesday, September 19, 2012

wrapping it up . . .

So today, inspired by yesterday's productivity, I pulled out the instructions for the last five of my guild's anniversary blocks.  I think she saved the hardest ones for last!
I did get to use my tri-recs ruler for the very first time.  This block (April) was a booger the first time around.  I used the seam ripper a LOT!

Anyway, I did get them finished, cut out the alternate blocks (which are silver and black -- for the silver anniversary) and got the whole shebang up on the wall (which I let down just for the occasion).
It's not conventional, that's for sure!  But I like it.
Embroidered center block.

This was my favorite block of the day (May).  
Each of the pieced blocks is made up of 25 pieces.  And there are a total of 25 blocks.  And for each month, I used the color scheme that's used in the newsletter for that month. 
July 
August
So it's really a commemorative piece!

It's my hope to get it assembled before Thursday night, so I can take it in for show and tell.  After that, I think I'm done in the quilting bunk for this week.  LOL!

:)

8 left a comment . . .:

Lea said...

Beautiful blocks! The patterns and designs are wonderful. Can't wait for the assembled one :)

Jean(ie) said...

You're on a roll!

Cathy said...

You have been a very busy lady!! They look fabulous, and L love the setting fabric... very unique.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Certainly a very special quilt indeed! Well done.

Lee said...

You have certainly been keeping those hands busy! After reading your post yesterday, I had to go take a nap ;] Have a wonderful day!

mail4rosey said...

These are great. The May block is my favorite too!

Susan said...

Woohoo! Keep going...it's going to make for a great show and tell at guild!

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks!