Sunday, September 16, 2012

enhanced stash report #37 . . .


Hahaha!  You didn't really expect me to go to a quilt show -- with vendors and a *boutique* and everything, and not have 'enhanced' stash this week, did you?!?

Used/donated this week: 0 yards
Used/donated year-to-date: 28.75 yards
Purchased/added this week: 6.5 yards
Purchased/added year-to-date: 143.75 yards
Net used/donated for 2012: -115 yards

If you'd seen what I'd seen, you'd know it could have been a LOT worse!  As per usual, I'm linking up with Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times for the weekly stash reporting.

The show yesterday was terrific . . . 
When we first got there and paid, they handed us our programs and told us that if a program had a red dot on the back cover, it was a door prize winner.  Will it surprise you to learn that I opened up my program to the back cover and found a red dot?  With lucky number 13 in it?  Look what I won . . . 
Isn't it pretty?  I was so tickled!  There wasn't another mini up on the door prize wall that I'd have selected over this darling little piece!

We got there just as the Bed Turning, featuring Civil War era quilts--with one actual quilt from the Civil War--was starting.  Perfect timing.  
It was fascinating and they did a great job with it.

Let me just show two or three of my favorites from the day ... I'll come back and share more, later in the week.  But for now . . . 




I didn't compress this one -- click on it to see how she used the batiks in this gorgeous quilt -- fabulous work!

It really was a fun little show!  And then there was the Boutique!  Kind of like a flea market for quilters.  I scored nicely in there . . . all for under $7.  The scraps were free!

Then from the vendors . . . 
Some pretty hand-dyed fat quarters. 

These flosses were *gorgeous*!  The photo does not do them near justice. 
It was a fun day!  I came home and (after yesterday's hiking escapade -- put my foot UP!) played around with a little project, made four dozen muffins (we serve breakfast this morning at church) and watched the Alabama game.  Roll Tide!  A most satisfying Saturday!

Happy Sunday!!

:)

14 left a comment . . .:

Susan said...

Woohoo! Looks like it was a great way to spend a Saturday!

Cathy said...

That looks like it was a great show. The batik quilt is fascinating. And the harvest applique quilt is one I would love to put on my endlessly growing want-to-do list. And your stash added numbers are as good (bad?) as mine. What fun!!

Dee Dee said...

Quilt shows are such fun - wish there were more of them in my area. You did good only purchasing 7 yards. So hard not to want to buy the great new fabrics that are being made. Thanks for sharing the pictures from the show.

QuiltSwissy said...

What a fabulous collection of quilts at the show. Thanks for sharing.

glen

Dar said...

Great Saturday activities in by book, any way you look at it. The quilt show looked like a good one and you did well with limiting yourself to only 7 yards. What a fun Sat.

Momof3girls said...

Of course you had a red dot!!! You are one very blessed lady!

I love the quilt about planting the seeds. That is absolutely beautiful! A lot of work went into that quilt.

Kate said...

Congrats on the door prize, it is really cute.

Love all the stash "refreshement" you found.

Jean(ie) said...

sounds like you had a super-fantastic day! I enjoyed looking at those quilts. Love em!

Barb said...

What fabulous quilts.....I had to laugh at your stash report (sorry)....who can not buy when it is at every table?

Teresa in Music City said...

My goodness, what fun!!! You only got 6+ yards? You know me, I'd have cleaned them out! I guess it's a good thing you were there instead of me :*) Gorgeous quilts - I bet that was very enjoyable!!!

Janet O. said...

Okay, lucky lady, how many wins does that make? I know you had two last week and then I thought I saw your name on another blog this week as a winner of something and now this door prize. Have I missed any? : )

Connie said...

Congrats on your beautiful win and of course love seeing all the new additions to your stash! Wonderful quilts!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What a great quilt you won! Woohoo! Love all your cute new fabrics. Thanks for the great pictures. There are several quilt shows here (last week, and this week) but I can't do the walking right now. Thanks.

Sarah said...

We always find something to purchase at quilt shows...I'll be at one next month so I better save some pennies. Lovely eye candy!