Thursday, September 06, 2012

ooh baby, baby . . .

I didn't get a whole lot of sewing or stitching done yesterday.  Joc had an appointment to have a root canal done . . . ICK!! . . . so I went over to help keep an eye on pretty Ellie.  It was the first time I'd really had an opportunity to play with her in her exersaucer.
She's got this thing totally conquered . . . she loves standing in it and playing with all the fun noise makers!  I can't believe how much (and fast) she's growing.  Oh my goodness, she's just so darling!

A little later, I was playing with her with my glasses on ... and she promptly (and quite deftly, I might add) removed them from my face.  So I removed them from her grasp and allowed her to play with my cheapie stitching glasses.
It was the only way I could occupy her long enough to get this shot!
I love this look on her face.  Like, "Hey!  What just happened here?!"  :)

I managed to squeeze in a little stitching on part three of my lesson four . . . 
I've got nearly two of four done.
This is how they'll lay out with the blocks . . . 
It will be a fun reminder of what I learned in this lesson!

We had guests up here for dinner last night . . . 
It was nearing dusk, so the quality of the photo isn't great (not to mention I was shooting the pics through the tinted windows of the RV), but you can get the gist.  There were a total of five.  It's nice to see them up here again!

I don't know if it's all the cold meds I'm taking or what, but when I was able to sleep last night, I dreamed about my Wicked block(s) and the apple topper.  LOL!  Yeah . . . the ideas are up there!

:)

7 left a comment . . .:

Sarah said...

Hot dog you are fast with those sashing sticheries! They look great! That first photo of Miss E is a keeper - as in 8x10 and framed. Love the smile.

Barbara said...

Ellie is just too cute. I can't believe how big she's getting.

Janet O. said...

Who is that big girl in the photos and what have they done with little Ellie Baby? What a charmer!~
The folks I know around here that have deer for dinner usually put them on the table. : )
Those little stitched sashings are looking glorious!

Cathy said...

Ellie is just the cutest little girl, especially in the shot with the glasses. Almost every picture I see of her has her smiling. And I LOVE what you are doing with those sashing embroideries.

Jean(ie) said...

beautiful sweet Ellie! Love that pic!

Those deer look a little thin... wonder what's up?

Kate said...

Love the glasses shot! She's such a cutie.

Your lesson 4 is turning out nicely. Good luck with getting it all pulled together.

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.