Monday, October 08, 2012

dealing design . . .

At least that's a little bit what it would feel like if I were to show what's on my "design wall" today. Because I'd have to lift the hatch on the Cruiser to share it with you . . . heh heh . . . wanna see my design wall?  Come to the back of my car!  LOL!!  At least I'm not wearing a trench coat.

So, all that to say I can't really post pics of what I've got going, unless you want to see a pic of the bag in the back of my car.  Non?  Can't say I blame you.  I brought the whole cloth quilt to work on as well as June's pendant quilt, my Mr. Owlie stitchery, and all of that new stash ... which I will wash and press and start to put to work as Christmas projects (so most of it will never see the light of the blog). 

I've also got a Wicked block to design (I've dreamed of several different options, so I know the direction(s) I'm headed).  Mwwwaaahahaha!!!

I was delighted to find this on my mom's kitchen table . . .
Yay!  It's look perfect . . . like it was made for the spot.  Oh wait . . .  *grin*

In case you're wondering, yes -- that *is* my birthday cake box in the background.  Can I tell you a secret?  I stopped for lunch at the Cracker Barrel in Wytheville yesterday.  When I paid for my meal, I asked the cashier if they had a plastic fork I could take with me, which they did. I went back out to the car and sat there in the parking lot and had a little slice of birthday cake for dessert. Cake on the run. Have cake, will travel.  The soundbites are traveling through my head too quickly to get 'em all down.  

Be sure to head over to Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times to see actual projects on actual design walls.  

And also don't forget to check out today's participants in the Leafs Me Happy hop!!

Monday 8


Loads of lovely, fall-inspired projects to check out on this happy Monday morning.  I can't believe we're at Day 8 already!  Don't forget ... I'm up on Day 10 -- which is my birthday (10/10) -- so there will be a giveaway, too!!

:)

10 noted . . .:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Happy almost Birthday!

Barbara F. said...

Oh, Denise, that is so me, eating cake in the car on the run!!! Early happy birthday. Glad you're at your mom's house. xo

Paula said...

Your hexie mat looks right at home! Glad you made it safely. I had to laugh about you eating cake in the parking lot. Reminded me of when I would buy 2 raised glazed doughnuts and drive around till they were gone so I would not have share them. LOL! Enjoy your visit and I hope your mom is doing well.

Janet O. said...

The little Fall topper looks excellent in its new home!
We have to take our cake where we can! : )
Hope you are having a great birthday week on the road.

Teresa in Music City said...

Wytheville? Virginia? Did you stop at the famous quilt shop there? I understand it is batik nirvana :*)

Happy Birthday girlfriend! You are allowed to eat your cake anytime, anywhere, and anyhow you like! =^..^=

Dar said...

Happy early birthday from me too. I will be out of pocket on your special day. Birthday cake is good no matter where you eat it. Hope it had some chocolate in it.

Your little Hexies are perfect for the season. Cute, cute.

Sue Daurio said...

Happy Birthday! Love the story about "have cake will travel" made me chuckle this morning. Love the table topper it does look like it's made for that spot, oh wait... :)

Kate said...

Happy Birthday. One must celebrate whenever one has the opportunity. I smiled at the mental picture of you sitting in the car eating a slice of your birthday cake.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I am a new follower...don't do much decorating for fall...I usually just change the door wreathe....I know; lazy!!...lol

thanks for the giveaway!

Lea said...

Lucky table to have a beautiful quilt and a box of cake on top of it :)