Tuesday, October 23, 2012

into the swing . . .

Todd and I didn't leave the camp yesterday.  It was a lovely day!  The epitome of a fabulous fall day in North Alabama.  I made short work of laundry and unpacking then packed a picnic lunch for the two of us and we headed to the pond . . . 



'Nuff said, right?  It was the perfect day to sit with your feet dangling off the dock, eating a bologna sandwich.  If you click on the last picture, you might be able to make out the two bream that were heading for the piece of bread I'd tossed in to them!

Today we have some things to take care of around and about town.  Baby June could come any day now ... we've rented our house ... our youth girl's SS teacher has moved and so I'm filling in indefinitely . . . life.  :)

Cute little birthday giveaway going on at Emily's Room -- definitely worth checking out -- especially if you're an embroidery enthusiast!

AND ... don't forget to check out the day's participants in the Wicked hop!!  Some fun, fun stuff being shared!

I hope to play catch up today and tomorrow.  We'll see if I make it!!

:)

12 noted . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Looks to be a pleasantely, leasurely day. Welcome home!

Teresa in Music City said...

Sounds like a heavenly day! And also looks like your workload just increased :*) I'm sure you will handle it all with your usual finesse!

Barbara said...

Lovely day.

Janet O. said...

Oh, what bliss. Just lovely!
I'm sure you will be a great teacher and the girls will love you!

Lee said...

I'd love to be sitting on a dock by a pond, sans the bologna but maybe turkey or ham ;) stems from too much bologna in my childhood. Enjoy your day.

Connie said...

Camp looks great. I think you can answer back to me now. Thanks for the tips on how to do it.

Missy Shay said...

I love your pictures!

Momof3girls said...

What a beautiful place to live! I love the pond so much! It's so peaceful and I'm sure you can feel God's presence there.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Welcome home!!I saw the fish in the pond...you captured that picture well. If I were with you on the dock I would be dangling my feet in the pond, too!!!!! Bologna Sandwich....yummmmm!

Carolyn :)

Jean(ie) said...

I miss those kind of days...

Sarah said...

Love the last pond pic with the rings and hungry fish :) Good news on renting the house too!

Karin said...

I love impromptu picnics - such a lovely way to reconnect and such a pretty spot to meander through.