Thursday, October 11, 2012

the morning after . . .

Gracious!  To say that I was overwhelmed by the response to yesterday's post would be an understatement!  Whew!  I've *never* had that happen before . . . what fun!!

And what a fun day it was, too!  The day started with lots of happy calls and birthday songs and wishes from my sweet husband, both James and Jocelyn and my sister.  Then, as we were about to leave for the day, a car pulled up and this pretty little thing was delivered . . .
Aren't they gorgeous?!  Look at all those pretty oranges and deep pinks!  What a wonderful husband I have!!

My daddy and I went to lunch at the renown Severn Inn, at the foot of the old Severn River bridge.
The food was marvelous.  I started with a crock French onion soup and then had a Maryland crab cake over fried green tomatoes and grilled corn salad.  
I'm not sure how well it photographed, but I can assure you it was YUMMY!!  Good thing I'd gone light on breakfast!  (And yes, in case you're wondering, there is a bite missing out of the back!)
Our view as we ate was pretty spectacular, too.  That's the Naval Academy you see across the river on the other shore.  It was such a lovely, clear day!

We'd made a stop at Teavana.  Oh.my.goodness.  I'd never been in one before (the nearest, I think, is in Chattanooga).  
I got two lovely teas (the two they were featuring that day) and a new tea strainer!  Aren't my tins pretty??  I picked these two because they reminded me of Dresden Plates and fancy applique!!  :)
Aren't these pretty?  This is a mix of Youngblood and Orange Blossom tea.  They both look like potpourri  . . . 
And smell heavenly!  They taste even BETTER!  This is an Oolong/Chai mix.  WOW!

And then there was a little trip to the local quilt shop, Cottonseed Glory, which just *happens* to be on the route to the rehab center where my mom is getting that knee back in shape.  Yikes.  Since it's right on the way, I see additional stops.  Rut roh . . . 
Another blown stash report, huh?!  But what can I say??  Buy 10 fat quarters, get 1 free!!!  LOL! I also got a little yardage to bind June's quilt -- along with some butterflies for one or two of the pendants.  Oh my, I had such fun!  Do you see that little owl at the top right?  You might be thinking he looks a little Wicked, non?!  You might be right!  I found a little Fairy Frost in pink, and another pretty batik with a *sparkly* thread running through it (like my gorgeous silver batik).  Actually, you probably wouldn't be surprised to learn that most of what I got had sparklies running through it!  LOL!!

So, all-in-all, it was a lovely happy JUBILEE birthday!!  And thank y'all for sharing it with me!  And if you haven't made it over there, my giveaway is open until Saturday the 20th, so please do check it out -- the more the merrier!!  

I'll leave you with the photo of the day that just melted this Neesey's heart . . .
Birthdays and grandbabies?  Oh yeah, I think that qualifies for a link up with Favorite Things!! 

:)

17 left a comment . . .:

Karin said...

Oh what a precious photo! That deserves to be framed! It sounds like your day was extra special and that you were properly spoiled! May your Birthday Blessings continue throughout the year!

Susan said...

Looks like you had a wonderful birthday too! Maybe 50 isn't so bad after all! ;o)

Lee D said...

A day late...but wishing you more birthday wishes on this milestone day! Your day sounds fabulous, cards, flowers, lunch, tea and fabric shopping...perfect. Oh and topping it off with a cutie photo of your gbabies. I am almost back to blogging regularly, (fingers crossed)

Cathy said...

That photo is adorable. Definitely one to print and frame. Wouldn't it make a nice gift for each of the parents??

Jean(ie) said...

Welcome to the club, woman! That crab cake/tomato lunch looks dee-lish! Hope today is more-gooder than yesterday!

Barbara said...

Wonderful post. That last image is precious. Welcome to the decade from hell.

big B said...

Denise - Wishing you a wonderful happy birthday! It looks like you had a great day :)
-Kim

Mary said...

50 is just a Number. The grandbabies will help keep you young! Enjoy the rest of the time with your Parents.
Nice additions to your stash, too.

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Looks like a wonderful day of celebration and that photo of your grand babies is so sweet!!!

Sarah said...

UhOh you found Teavana! That's the store I go to once in a while. Be sure to sign up for their emailed offers! Happy Belated Birthday!!!!

Teresa in Music City said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday!!! Looks like you got lots of great goodies - I especially love those tea tins!!!

The photo of Ellie & Sawyer is one in a million - you will treasure that one forever :*)

Barbara F. said...

That photo is so adorable and precious, needs to be made on a canvas. Glad you celebrated in such a nice way! xo

Rosa said...

The last photo is just adorable.Glad you had a fabulous b-day!!

c. Joy said...

Happy Birthday! Great photos, looks like a fun day - for everyone.

Helen said...

Happy Birthday! We belong to the same club. I have to say I am enjoying this side of life! Looks like you had a Wonderful Day!

Kate said...

Glad you had a great birthday. Love the photo of Elle and Sawyer! Sawyer needs to be careful, I see all kinds of mischief in Elle's face.

Katherines Corner said...

Happy belated birthday wishes. It looks like the day was as sweet as
you are. I hope you get your birthday wish. Thank you for sharing your post at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop , wishing you a beautiful day xo