Wednesday, October 24, 2012

wordy wednesday . . .

Aaaaah . . . today is an Ellie day!  I got to spend some surprise time with Sawyer yesterday, when Todd and I stopped by the church where James works and found that Kim and Sawyer had joined him for lunch!
He was quite taken aback to see Neesey and Paw-paw show up -- but happy to see us, too!  He's wearing his Halloween costume (which evidently he wants to wear a lot) -- he will be "Super Sawyer" the superhero.  He was quite proud of his 'muscles'!  Remind me to tell you about that fading shiner my little superhero is sporting, too!

I wanted to share some of the fun things that waiting for me when I got home!
First up were tickets to It's a Wonderful Life -- part of my birthday present from Todd!  Yay!  You see the date on those?  November 16.  Yup -- I was serious when I said I celebrated my birthday through the end of the year!

I also had this sweet little package . . .
During the Leafs Me Happy hop, I'd participated in a giveaway at Pigtales and Quilts.  She offered up a $25 gift certificate to her online shop, Crazy Quilting Supplies.  And I won!!!
Here are some of the lovely vintage buttons, charms and lace I scooped up.  Aren't the tea charms cute?!

Then there was this fun-filled offering . . .
Isn't this darling?!  Janet, from over at Rogue Quilter, knew my affinity for all things pumpkin and sent me these cute little pumpkin patterns she'd picked up -- along with a tiny tumbler template and pattern!!!  I can't wait to put this use!  And she also tucked in some lovely scented soaps -- these are a real treasure and treat!

My buddy Eileene, who I met on StitchMAP, sent me this beautiful scarf . . .
Aren't the colors gorgeous??  Eileene says she uses these in crazy quilting -- that they make wonderful, fabulous blocks, but the thought of cutting this is rather disturbing!  However, I promised her I would . . . someday.  :)

My sweet friend, Sherry, sent this home with Todd . . . 
It did have some mini bags of M&Ms in it.  Yeah ... not anymore!

And I also had a couple of things come in I'd ordered . . . 
Can you guess what this is for?

And the tenth installment of my Spring Flowers block of the quarter!  I'll miss getting these issues of New Zealand Quilter when it wraps up!

Okay, whew!  Time to hit the shower and then the road and spent some much needed Neesey time with my Ellie-bellie-baby! 

Of course, I'll find time to check out today's Wicked offerings!  You should, too -- here is today's lineup:

Wednesday, October 24th

Make it a marvelous day!

:)

7 noted . . .:

Teresa in Music City said...

Enjoy your time with Miss Ellie today! What a delightful day ahead for you :*) And how special to have a superhero for a grandson - wow!!!

Your mailbox was very good to you this week. I need to try to be a nicer person so my mailbox will like me too =^..^= LOL!!!!

Janet O. said...

Cute little superhero! The shiner just proves he has been battling for justice. : )
Oh, your mailbox was a gold mine. Lots of fun things awaiting you. Cut that scarf--are you kidding me? Yikes! I couldn't do it. I'd have to hand the scissors off to someone else.
Enjoy your Ellie time!

Cathy said...

I wouldn't be able to cut into that scarf, either. I think I'd want to wear it. And you never did say where Sawyer's shiner came from. Hope you have a great day with your Ellie.

Jean(ie) said...

great prizes! I love what you get in your mailbox. Wow! Mine only had medical bills, junk mail, and political announcements of late. Depressing.

I only get boxes 2x/month (my birchbox and glosssybox).

Have a fun day with Ellie!

Jean(ie) said...

great prizes! I love what you get in your mailbox. Wow! Mine only had medical bills, junk mail, and political announcements of late. Depressing.

I only get boxes 2x/month (my birchbox and glosssybox).

Have a fun day with Ellie!

Barbara F. said...

Congrats on the win and all your great birthday "swag"! Have fun!! xo

Sarah said...

Lots of pretty little pressies!!! And a SuperSawyer to save the day as needed.