Monday, October 01, 2012

it's here, it's here . . .

Today is the first day of the Leafs Me Happy hop!!!
Are you totally psyched?  I am!!  This is going to be a great hop, filled with great leafy blocks, by great and fabulous blogs.

So be sure to "rake up" the participants and see the "piles" of leafy blocks!  Start today with:

As for me?  My day is October 10 -- the LAST day.  The tenth also happens to be my FIFTIETH BIRTHDAY!  I imagine something *fabulous* will happen on this blog on that day!!  Be sure to come on back! 

On my design wall is a little of this . . .
And a little of that . . .
And a spot of this . . .
There is a pennant quilt in the works for Miss June!

And of course some leafy blocks are in the works too ... but they are a *surprise*!!  Be sure to head over to Patchwork Times and check out the rest of the design wall world.

And last but not least ... my mom is having knee replacement surgery today.  I sure would appreciate your prayers on her behalf!  I'll be heading out in a week to help her and my dad out and keep 'em company!

Have a fabulous MONDAY!

:)

8 left a comment . . .:

Teresa in Music City said...

I will definitely keep your mom in my prayers Denise!

You are playing with some yummy fabrics there! Of course, I am drawn to the aqua print and the gorgeous oranges! I can't wait to see what you "rake" up for the Leafs Blog Hop :*)

Janet O. said...

Prayers for your Mom, for sure!!
I can't believe how many bloggers are turning the big 5-0 this year. I guess I am an old woman because in a couple of months you can add five years to that for me. : )
I love all of the orange/yellow stuff you have going on here. You have me curious!

Michelle said...

I knew I liked you for some reason...I'm an October baby too! :)
Will definitely pray for a successful surgery and quick recovery for your mom! Hugs!

Kate said...

I hope you Mom has a quick recovery!

Looking forward to seeing what you are up too!

Rhodes Creations said...

Looking forward to being your swap partner! Keep walking in the ways of Jesus and be bold for Him, Hugs Laura

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I'm going out of town on your birthday, so, just in case I miss it, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! You are just a few months older than I am.

Mary said...

Happy Birthday Early! The pennant Quilt for baby June sounds great. Hope you enjoy going to help your mom. I'm sure she will enjoy having you there.

Sarah said...

A pennant quilt - is that like the ticker tape quilts? such pretty colors!