Saturday, October 27, 2012

worked towards the weekend . . .

Just a little peek into what I've been doing this past week . . . 

I made little 'favors' for my new Sunday School gals . . . 
Nothing big, just a fun little something for them to enjoy.  And definitely NOT a means to ingratiate myself with them.  ;)

I found this cute little silk flower arrangement while in Maryland. 
I layered pinto beans, popcorn and split peas in the jar to add a little eye interest.  
Sitting on the candy corn topper, it says "Happy Fall!"

Here are the fabrics I'm playing with for my Wicked blog hop block(s?): 
Are you curious to know what I'm making?!?  My day on the hop is Tuesday the 30th -- come back and check it out then!  Tuesday the 30th also happens to be the day they'll induce Kim, if June doesn't make an appearance on her own before then!

And finally, I played around with my sweet gum 'fruits' and here's what I've got . . .
I'm not so sure I'm finished.  I don't like the way it hangs with the wire, so I may try and attach a broad ribbon to hang it with.  I *do* like the way it sparkles!  I will say it was a booger to make!

And today's Foto Finish theme is "spooky or creepy".  This little guy jumped out of the grass the other day when Todd and I were picnicking at the pond.
Really he's a good spider ... but since the whole brown recluse bite incident, I feel all spiders are kinda creepy, so he's my offering!  Be sure to check out the rest of the *creepy* offerings over at Cat Patches!

And have a GREAT weekend!!!

:)

15 noted . . .:

Kris said...

Since I have been sick all week, I have not gotten much done so I will relish in all the great stuff you are doing!! I love the favors - Im sure the girls will too!! And my favorite is the candy corn topper!! Soooo cute!! And those fabrics are yummy!! What is a sweet gum fruit?? At first I thought it was a lovely pine cone wreath!! Super great picture of your creepy!! :-))

Barbara said...

Well look at you all decked out for Halloween! I wonder if spiders feel they get a bad rap being designated as "creepy".

Kate said...

Spiders are part of Halloween for a reason, they really creep us out. Nice shot.

You've been really busy being creative. Love your candy corn favors.

Needled Mom said...

The candy corn pieces are fabulous and it is such a clever idea for your vase of flowers.

Jean(ie) said...

as decorated as I get here for Halloween are the regular cobwebs...LOL!

induction soon?

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Cute little favors and love your gum tree wreath!

Teresa in Music City said...

Love your little gifts for the Sunday School girls - too cute! And your flower arrangement on the candy corn topper is so sweet - pun intended :*)
Love the colors of your Wicked fabrics - YUM!!! My fingers itch when I look at your sweet gum wreath - I bet it's prickly! And speaking of prickly - that spider makes me feel prickly... don't like spiders!!! We have those around our house too though and I've learned to let them be as long as they give me the same courtesy :*)

Janet O. said...

Cute treats for your Sunday School girls! How fun.
That Candy Corn topper is very clever, with the fall bouquet--how appropriate.
That wreath does glisten, but like Teresa, I thought it was probably scratchy work putting it together.
I hope you have a great zoom on your camera. I don't think I would want to be getting real "up close and personal" with Mr. Spider and asking him to pose for photos. : )

Lee said...

Candy corn topper - way cute! I can imagine that sweetgum wreath was really prickly on the fingers, when dry those things are very stiff. Gotta ask, is that spider incredibly big, or are those leaves incredibly tiny?

Barbara F. said...

I hope we don't lose power next week due to Frankenstorm!!! We're buttoning down the hatches. I love that candy corn topper, so cute. xo

Dar said...

Your post was just chocked full of "eye candy" and real tastey treats for your Sunday gals. Loved your table topper and flower arrangement too. That spider is sure pretty -- so glad to hear he is one of the "good guys" and not harmful. You had a busy week.

Carin said...

Love the things you made for the sunday school and that candy corn table runner is beautiful.
I don't like that spider either ....

Dirt Road Quilter said...

What sweet treats for your Sunday School girls - I love making little projects like that. Your candy corn topper is darling with your pretty fall arrangement snd your wreath turned out wonderful! Wht did you use to 'glue' it together? I hope you used gloves - those little pods look quite unfriendly.

Sarah said...

great idea to layer the beans for the flower arrangement. You can keep your spider - yuck!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Love those little candy corn. Cute!