Thursday, October 04, 2012

raggedy day . . .

Oh what a lovely day I had yesterday.  I promise you, this darling little cutie-pie gets sweeter each time I see her!
She's gotten very mobile and very chatty.  It's so fun to see her personality emerge (very strongly, too)!
And I'm so tickled that she definitely recognizes me and knows me ... she's even reached for me a time or two.  
Although sometimes she does the old "reach for Neesey and then turn back and grab Mommy" trick.  Then she looks at me with that grin . . . that "Haha!  Mommy has me and you don't!" grin.  LOL!!

Remember this pic?
How could you forget?  It's just the most darling pic ever!  Anyway, this cute little red head needed an outfit.  And that's where my sewing abilities were concentrated this happy day!  Joc picked up some really cute fabric for the dress and then a little off-white for the apron.  I didn't have a pattern, so I had to do the old wing and a prayer thing.
I think it turned out really cute!  Ellie will be the cutest little Raggedy Ann ever.  

This morning I'm headed over to spend the morning with Sawyer, while Kim goes in for her weekly "June" appointment!  And this afternoon, I'm getting new tires for Princess Buttercup so she's already for the drive to Maryland!

But you?  You should definitely check out the Day 4 participants in the Leafs Me Happy hop!


Have a blast!!  And while you're at it, take a look over at Katherine's Corner -- and Favorite Things Thursday!!  :)

:)

14 left a comment . . .:

Michelle said...

She is soooo adorable...those eyes! Cute little dress too, you are such a good grandma! :)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

She definitely is a cutie!

Barbara B said...

She is so scrumptious! What a cute costume, well done.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Cute, cute! blessings, marlene

Barbara said...

It's darling, Denise.

Janet O. said...

You did a wonderful job on the little dress and apron, Denise. Ellie is going to be the cutest Raggedy Ann ever. I don't know how you get her to keep the wig on--any grandchild of mine would have yanked it off in a heartbeat!! : )

Melissa Bishop said...

That outfit is so cute! You did a great job on it. She certainly enjoys playing with her Neesey even if it is just to tease you. lol

Paula said...

Precious! She is just precious. She is getting so big. Ellie will be the cutest Raggedy Ann ever! You did an excellent job on the dress and apron.
Just read yesterdays post and could not believe how Sawyer has changed. He really has turned into quite the young man.
Hugs

Jean(ie) said...

Shes funny. Already teasing... watch out, she'll be a sneaky one! LOL.

Gene Black said...

I hope you post a picture of that sweetie pie in her full raggedy Ann costume. She is just adorable.

Barbara F. said...

Denise, I do remember Ellie and her Raggedy Ann wig. So cute! Have a safe trip to MD. xo

must love junk said...

OMGosh, what a doll! Thanks for your sweet comment and for following-I'm happily following you back :)
Susan

Katherines Corner said...

to cute for words! lovely the raggedy ann outfit. The photo with the wig is priecless. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday favorite things hop. Big hugs!

Kate said...

Elle's going to be a very cute Raggedy Anne.