Monday, October 15, 2012

design wall on the road . . .

There's not much to display on my makeshift design wall (which happens to double as my mom's kitchen table) today.  
I finished the round of hearts.  I really like, like, like how this looks.  I am especially in love with the little flower which finishes (or starts?!) the circle.  I love how that just *worked out*.
I didn't compress the pics so you can click and see them full size (if you choose).  It's hard to see the detail when they're small/compressed.  It's hard to see the detail no matter what!
I think I've decided to use the fan (which is same stencil I used for the interior circle) And pull it in reverse into the corners.  
Maybe pull it out and elongate the fan lines and add a segment or two, to really *fill* the corners.  I'll have to get it home and play with it.  It would be nice to have this finished and to its recipient before she's walking!  LOL!

Be sure to head over to Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times and check out all the marvelous creativity being shared on design walls over there!  And if you want to check out my giveaway, be sure to stop HERE!  :)

Mom let us know yesterday afternoon that they are holding on to her at the rehab center until Thursday, now.  I think she's still a bit anxious about her full flight of stairs, and since there's no bedroom or full bathroom on the first floor of her house, it's a definite concern.  But they had her up and walking with the cane, yesterday, instead of the walker, so that's a tremendous advance!  She's such a trooper with a terrific attitude ... I know when she comes home, she's going to conquer all obstacles. 

Julia, Cynthia and I had a lovely brunch at Miss Shirley's yesterday morning.  Oh my goodness.  I had the pumpkin (what else?) cheese cake stuffed French toast.  With maple syrup. 
It was humongous!  I'm having the other half for breakfast this morning.  We also shared a side of bacon and some hash browns (which were *very* good with a sprinkle of Old Bay on them).  Needless to say *I* was the one that was stuffed when we left!  None of us thought to get a picture...good gravy!  The closest I got was catching Cynthia's hands in the food shot!  

It's Monday -- the first day of a new week and an opportunity all over to do it right!  Have a great day!

:)

18 left a comment . . .:

Missy Shay said...

I love your quilting! Are you doing it by hand or machine?
I pray your mom heals quickly!

Vicki said...

absolutely gorgeous and I pray your mom is well soon. mmmm, breakfast looks yummy!!

Melinda said...

Your quilting looks good. I hope your Mom comes home soon and is able to navigate the house easily.

* said...

Your quilting looks great and that food made me hungry and feel stuffed all at the same time. ;-)

Bonnie said...

I wasn't hungry until I read and saw your breakfast. Hum, I'm trying hard not to gain any weight -- I may have gained a pound reading your descriptions. I love french toast.

Hope your Mom continues on the mend. I'm sure home will feel great when she gets there.

Your hand quilting is fabulous. WOW. I should be so lucky!

Melissa Bishop said...

Praying for your mom. I think she will do ok. What a great looking breakfast. I could only eat the meat but would have loved that stuffed French toast!

Connie said...

Your quilting looks beautiful as usual and wow what a great breakfast!! I hope you mom is able to navigate the steps and go home soon.

Sue Daurio said...

Oh goodness that is beautiful quilting!! Love the flowers and those hearts are just spectacular. I must have have been staring at it for 5 minutes. Hope your mom is ready to come home soon. Pumpkin cheescake french toast? Oh heaven!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

These quilting photos are to die for...I made every one as big as I could on my computer and was drooling on the keyboard! Great job!

Janet O. said...

What wonderful quilting, Denise! It is beautiful and will be appreciated whenever it is finished, I'm sure.
Now THAT is a breakfast!! Yikes!

AnnieO said...

Gorgeous quilting--so sweet and charming with the design. I can tell you are enjoying this! Hope your mom does well upon discharge--sometimes there is a regression when getting home!

Sarah said...

Your brunch looks divine. I had cheesy grits with bacon since it was chilly and I loves me some grits. I think the fans in the corners will be a nice addition to the center of the quilt.

Lee D said...

that cake looks so yummy and your quilting is amazing. I miss hand quilting! Hope your mom continues to do well!

Dar said...

How long have you been a hand quilter? You do such beautiful work. Love the designs you have chosen to use.

Mama Spark said...

The quilting is GREAT! Where in the world can I get that French Toast???

Jean(ie) said...

pumpkin cheesecake filled french toast? Seriously?

***THUD***
***YUM***

Teresa in Music City said...

You do such lovely stitching Denise!!! I'm in awe and my fingers are itching to do some hand quilting too, but I just have too many other things in process right now. I'll have to make do with watching your project come to life ;*) I'm off now to scrounge up something edible from the kitchen.... for some reason I am suddenly very hungry :*D

Teresa in Music City said...

PS - I meant to add that I am praying for your mom and glad to know specifically what to pray. It's good that they are letting her stay until she is comfortable being on her own.