Thursday, October 25, 2012

to say the least . . .

May I please just say that I had a delightful day?!
The above three images are from Ellie's nine-month photo session, taken by my son, James.
I wish I could have posted *all* of them!!  
Ellie was napping when I got to Jocelyn's (which is typical).  One of my favorite things is to call to her, after she's woken up and Jocelyn's tended to her, just before Joc brings her downstairs.  Since it had been over two weeks since I'd seen her last, I wasn't sure how she'd receive me (that's a long time in the mind of a nine month old!), but I needn't have worried.  She came down the steps with that same look of expectation and grin when she saw me . . . the one that charms my socks off!
Sporting the new socks Neesey brought her back from her trip to Maryland.
She's grown ... in two weeks she's gained a pound, added hair, and had a third tooth come in!  And she gets cuter every day.

I had another surprise waiting for me at Joc's, too.  My birthday present from her family!
It had gotten in before my birthday, just not before I left.  It was a biggie on my wish list.  I'm anxious to try it out!
I had to laugh when I realized that it came from a place in South Pittsburg, Tennessee -- we pass it every time we travel up 72 E to Chattanooga!

Leia was anxious to try out the box it came in:

I've told you I've created a fabric monster, haven't I?!
She just loved the print, so she had to order a yard of it.  "You can make a dress for Ellie, right?"

Of course!

Believe it or not, the birthday fun continues today.  Todd and I are headed out to lunch with the staff from the Madison Baptist Association.  They are celebrating the October birthdays at Connor's Steakhouse.  YES!  That will definitely be one awesome meal!

We're still waiting on June . . . Kim says she's stubborn!  She was moving around the other day and when I put my hand over to feel, she gave me a little 'pow-pow' with her foot.  I'm so excited!

And don't forget to check out today's offerings in the Wicked hop!

Thursday, October 25th
Enjoy this Favorite Things Thursday!!  I know I sure will!!

:)

13 left a comment . . .:

Janet O. said...

That Ellie is such a cute little munchkin (that is a compliment at our house). : )

Barbara F. said...

That adorable baby, she is such a charmer. Pretty fabric, can't wait to see the dress you will make. Glad you are having fun for your birthday month. xo

prideinphotos.com said...

What a cutie pie she is!!!! Love the fall leaves picture with her in it. Visiting from Katherines Corner.
Laurie @ Pride in Photos

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Such cute photos! I love the second one with the leaves. Visiting from Thursday Favorite Things :)

Sarah said...

I would have guessed that last shot of Ellie-bellie was Sawyer if I didn't know better. I love her 9month shots - can't pick a fav... Nice dutch oven - can't wait to hear about the first thing you make :)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Yes, the photo in the leaves - so cute! Oh, miss my cast iron - my youngest son now has it all.

Madame Samm said...

Hi Denise..gorgeous wee tot lovely photos for sure...and cast iron...do you know I have been cooking with one for years....never had any iron defiencies....you will love them...

Cathy said...

Oh Denise, she is just so mouth wateringly CUTE!! And I love the pictures that James took. He is quite a talented photographer. I've never used cast iron. They are so heavy.

Jean(ie) said...

That can't be Ellie... Ellie is a little baby! Has it really been nine months? Oh my!

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh yes Ellie is getting cuter by the day! (or month as it seems to me.)

Katherines Corner said...

what a cutie pie. Happy you received something from your wish list for your birthday.too. Happy belated birthday wishes. Thank you for joining in the fun at the Thursday Favorite Things hop. Happy weekend wishes xo

Kate said...

Very fun pictures of Elle and her family. I have lots of pictures of Kiddo, but not many with both of us.

Isn't it fun when your birthday lasts the whole month?

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Well I won't fuss if you post all of them - she's a little irristible. You are going to love your cast iron! I don't know how I ever cooked without mine! That fabric will make a darling dress for Ellie!