Friday, October 12, 2012

five days in a week . . .

I can hardly believe it's Friday already!  My sister, Julia, is headed up from Maryland to spend the weekend.  We're going to spend today and tomorrow with mom and then do brunch Sunday morning before she has to head back to her family.  Mom got her staples (all TWENTY-NINE) taken out yesterday, so this morning she gets to shower!  She's so excited ... and I can't say as I blame her one bit!!

Yesterday I washed all of June's pendant quilt fabrics ... I'd really like to get the pendants cut out and basted onto the top before I leave Maryland!  It's going to be such a darling little quilt -- I'm really excited about it!  I also got another of my Christmas stitcheries in the hoop and started . . . 
It's been nice to little projects to work on while I'm sitting in the rehab center.  I can chat and whatnot and stitch ... plus there are times when we're there but Mom is in therapy and we have to occupy ourselves.  Anyways, I'm getting some stitching done!

With regard to the feline-ness of the day, I offer the "lady of the house" . . . 
Lady Jane! I *adore* her white toes!
She likes me because I come down first in the morning and feed her.  Notice her silent 'friend' in the background.  That stinkin' cat still catches me off guard!

And then, because I can, here's a fun little phone capture that Julia sent me. You've heard of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof?
Luckily for the cat, it's a cold wood stove (with a barrier of boxes, to boot)!

Check out the felines around town over at Sarah Did It! and Feline Friday!  Have a happy day and a *marvelous* weekend ... and I'll leave you with these words of wisdom for the day . . .

If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet. Proverbs 29:9.

:)

6 left a comment . . .:

Momof3girls said...

The cat hiding looks like a cartoon cat with those eyes. It's so funny!

That verse makes me think of Biden and Ryan. I read a lot of comments last night on FB and when I saw the verse, it rang true. lol

Happy stitching today! :D

Janet O. said...

Hooray--it is a banner day when you can finally shower!! : )
Your stocking stitchery is very cute.
Oh, cats are so funny! Each of your cat photos has a lot to say about the cat's personality.
Got your package with the template mailed off yesterday. Should be at home to greet you when you return.

Lea said...

Can't wait to see the finished Christmas project. I wonder what the cat in the box was thinking when the photo was taken :)

Sarah said...

The doorstop cat caught me as well! What a lucky kitty to eat on a glass plate :) Thanks for joining Feline Friday every week!

Kate said...

I had to do a double take on the "silent" cat. Pretty cute!

Karin said...

Oh, I'm so happy to hear that your Mom is healing and staple-less! I'll bet she enjoyed that first shower! I hope you and your mom enjoyed your time with your sister - I'll bet y'all are a hoot when you get together!
I love taking portable projects along when I am away from home. It's found time while still enjoying family.