Wednesday, October 17, 2012

works in progress . . .

Got down to business on June's quilt yesterday and got the pennants cut out and placed them and got the names and the heart penned in . . . 
Isn't it darling?  Except the extra butterflies have to fly away -- Kim told me last night that she believes in butterflies in moderation.  The ones on the pennants are okay, but the additional ones need to go!  Still, I think it's just darling.  Now to tack it all down and get ready to quilt it.  Worthy of a WOW = Works in Progress link-up! 

As I was sitting in the kitchen working on the quilt, a little movement out the window caught my eye.  I turned to give it my full attention and what to my wondering eyes did appear?
A not-so-little brown bunny, so sweet and quite dear!  Made me feel like I was looking out my window at the camp.  :)

To the sweet little bunny's contrast, out the front window I see this:
I had to laugh.  Those huge, black spiders are too funny!  For some reason, even though I had a nasty run in with a brown recluse spider a couple of years ago, big, black spiders make me laugh.  Although I'd be hesitant about walking up to their front door . . . especially after dark!

When Dad and I left the rehab center the other night, the sky was heavy and dark with rain clouds. But up above us there was one little break in the sky where we could just see a higher, cumulus cloud, well above the rain clouds, that was reflecting the light from the setting sun.
It made for a gorgeous picture!

And finally, what I'll be working on today while I'm hanging out with Mom at the rehab center:
Yay for hexies!!  I have an idea for my October doll swap quilt that will put these sweet little things to good use! 

I got the first three put together as we surfed through the channels last night, flipping back and forth through the debate.
I love working with hexies ... my hands just work and work and work and I'll look down and there's a pile of hexies ready to go!  I'll also be linking up to Sarah Did It! and the HeLP for Hexie-Aholics linky party!  Be sure to head over there and see what other fun hexie projects are in the works around blogland!

:)

15 left a comment . . .:

Sarah said...

There is no way I would go up to that spider infested front porch!

Love the candy corn hexies - and not a pumpkin in sight. LOL! Thanks for joining HeLP!

Almost forgot - maybe the extra butterflies could go on the lable on the back?

Melissa Bishop said...

Cute bunny, love the pennants.

Ruth said...

Yippee for hexies. Ick to spiders, especially large ones.

Barb said...

I love your hexies...and your quilt banner is just so fun!

Janet O. said...

That pennant quilt is so sweet, and if it was mine I would welcome extra butterflies! : )
Gorgeous shot of the sky.
Your hexies are very cute!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

I love the pennant quilt! Even with the butterflies :-)

Linda said...

What gorgeous photos!
Your banner quilt will be so pretty! Love the whole idea!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Denise I love those spiders! I know, I'm weird. :) Did someone make them? blessings, marlene

Barbara F. said...

Hi Denise, that photo of the night sky is stunning! June's quilt is looking adorable and I love those "hexie's". Hope Mom is doing much better. xo

Allison said...

love the halloween hexies!

Jean(ie) said...

I wish I could get it together enough to as much as you do. I need to get on the program. LOL! Hope you're enjoying your visit.

it's quiet here tonight. no itty bits running around. I miss the giggles and "little talk".

Momof3girls said...

I enjoy sewing the hexies, but not cutting them out and I have cut out A LOT!

I think the extra butterflies are cute. ;)

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Fun and cute halloween hexies!!! Looks as though you are ready for "Boo and Scare" night!!!!

Carolyn :

Lea said...

The spiders are lacking a pair of legs.. I can only see 6 :) The rabbit is cute, seems to be surprised to see you :)

Sally said...

Halloween hexie flowers-what's not to love (and I love the porch too!)