Sunday, October 07, 2012

stash report #40 and balloons . . .

I missed last week's stash report.  Whoops!  I wasn't trying to 'cover anything up' ... I just was swamped.  I'm still swamped.  And I'm on the road.  Seriously.  As you're reading this (pretty much no matter what time during the day you read this) I'm on the road.  Driving solo and straight through from North Alabama to Maryland.  Road TRIP!

Anyway, keep in mind this is two weeks . . . though last week's was only 2 yards.  ;)


Used/donated this week: 2 yards
Used/donated year-to-date: 36.75 yards
Purchased/added this week: 12 yards
Purchased/added year-to-date: 155.75 yards
Net used/donated for 2012: -119 yards

Gracious.  And that's all I'm going to say about that.  See what others have to say about the current state of their own stash over at Patchwork Times!

Last night's Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep balloon release was marvelous.  It was a sweet evening of remembrance.  Jocelyn and Ellie and then Jason were interviewed by one of the local stations.  I had to laugh when the news came on last night and Jason's interview was on, but Joc's didn't make the cut -- and she did such a great job.  She was really worried about being overcome with emotion, but she held on to it beautifully.  The spot is HERE, if anyone is interested.  And both Joc and Jason shared Scripture during the program.  There were a lot of people there -- a lot more than they expected.
The balloon release itself came after the program.  The weather -- which was supposed to be rainy and stormy -- stayed nice and clear.  Long enough for us to send our balloons up into the dark sky and then for the volunteers to clean up.  Then it poured!  But it was absolutely beautiful, and bittersweet, seeing all those glow-in-the-dark balloons float up. 
Sawyer was a little distressed that we were letting all the balloons go.  But he was okay when we told him we were sending them up to Baby Everett and his friends. Though Sawyer did suggest that perhaps we could get the balloons if we got a plane.  Smart thinking for a two and a half year old, don't you think?!

I'll be back Monday.  Maybe.  Yeah.

:)

5 left a comment . . .:

Teresa in Music City said...

What an awesome event Denise! Since I met you just this year, I was unaware of Everett and my heart broke when I read about him in your earlier posts. It's good to know more of the story and know that Ellie is now here to help ease the loss. What a blessing our faith is in times like these!!!

Kate said...

What a beautiful way to remember. Like Teresa, I didn't start following you until this year so was unaware of your family's loss. I hope last nights remembrance brings some peace and few regrets.

Jean(ie) said...

Balloons are a perfect way to honor/remember the children. Safe travels to Maryland. I'm glad you're going.

Barbara F. said...

I have always loved balloons. This is a beautiful and touching tribute. Be safe on your road trip, D. Hoping your mom is doing great. xo

Janet O. said...

What an ethereal look -- those glowing balloons in the night sky. How appropriate.
I do hope you have a safe journey, Denise!