Saturday, February 25, 2012

(mis)adventures in quilt retreating . . .

Breakfast flash mob in the dining room.  (no pictures)

Line dancing in the common sewing room.  (no pictures)

Sewing machine fail -- complete breakdown.  (no pictures)

Area-wide power outage at 10:30 in the evening.  (no pictures)

Three days at retreat and so far my only complete finish is a mug rug.
(picture)

Having a BLAST!

:)

13 left a comment . . .:

Jean said...

So glad you're having fun!!!!

Barbara F. said...

Oh my, Denise, I hope it wasn't cold there. The mug rug is adorable, though. xo

Paula said...

Oh those memorable moments that you will always look back on and laugh. Love the mug rug.
:( about your machine.
Continue on having fun.
Hugs

Cathy said...

Well, at least you are having fun, and that's what a retreat is for. And if you get anything done, that's a bonus. Love the mug rug.

Mary said...

No Pictures, BUT you'll have great Memories to laugh and remember later.
The Flash Mob and Line Dancing should be VIDEOS! I understand though cause ..."What happens at Quilt Retreat- stays at Retreat"

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow - would ahve loved to see pics of line dancing! I bet that was a hoot! I always have to remind myself that retreating is not really about how much we get done... it is about having fun with friends and getting away from our routines. Sounds like you are doing great at both!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh dear. Hope things turn around, but it still feels like you are smiling.

Janet O. said...

I wish I was there to take the pictures (and do a little sewing besides) to share with a few hundred of your closest friends. Tee Hee!

Love Bears All Things said...

Hello,
I wandered where you went on retreat..
We've a trip planned to Red Rooster in Cullman for the 3-5...I'm supposed to go but right now, I am not feeling it...Asthma is acting up with the early Spring.
Mama Bear

Kris said...

Well, Denise - Sounds like you are having a ball!! Hope everyone had handwork to do and a few flashlights during the power outage!! And your mug rug is gorgeous!! Kris

Pat said...

FUN is important, so keep it up!

Lee said...

Lol, you have such a GREAT attitude! Enjoy any remaining time!

Sarah said...

but it's such a NICE mug rug!! I tried to read your blog over the weekend but my laptop wouldn't load it for some reason :( Missed ya but I knew you were having tons of fun!