Tuesday, February 21, 2012

hale, hale . . .

Definitely, the gang's all here!  Not the greatest shot -- it's through the window and zoomed -- but I did want to share that hunting season is over and our "pets" are back.  We counted nine yesterday; we've seen as many as twelve in the last couple of weeks.  They were a little skittish yesterday, but it was windy.  They did manage to "hoover" up all the corn out there.

We had Sawyer and his gang here yesterday, too.  Sawyer walked in the door saying, "Ride?  Ride?!"  The golf cart is parked right by the front door, so it was definitely on his mind!
They didn't wait too long before going out for a spin.  Sawyer went right for the driver's seat ... he knows what he wants!  
He was happy enough to settle in between his Paw-paw and his daddy.

I love this capture of him looking up at his Paw-paw ... so sweet!!

And always with a hat ... any hat will do ... even if he's got to sneak it from daddy!!

We also had this little (or not so) critter up here yesterday.  
I'd never seen one out here in the middle of the day like that.  He was rather . . . scruffy . . . looking.  Yeah.  Definitely not the most attractive looking possum I've ever seen!

I managed to finish up the string rectangles in fall leaf colors for the collaborative project!  I finished 'em up just in time to hit the road and get to my guild board meeting.  And turn them in.  LOL!  But seeing as how they weren't due until March 1, so I done good!  (And p.s. -- I don't think I much care for string blocks.  Just sayin'.)

Today I'm off to see my Ellie ... and I need to pack for RETREAT!

:)

13 left a comment . . .:

Mama Spark said...

Sawyer is so adorable! Love that golf cart. The fall quilt is such pretty colors. Retreat? Don't you just love them??

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Such a grown up little man! Our wild life is slowly returning also - but here it is the darn kids riding the 4-wheelers (on everyone's posted land) that scare them. I can take string blocks just so long - then need a change.

Jean said...

Retreat? Already? Yipppeeeeeee!

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh how wonderful to see all the deer!!! Deer never come that close to my house, but we have to be careful on the roads. There is a family of foxes that lives in the woods behind our house and I've been a little nervous for the little yappy dog that stays tied up next door.

Have a wonderful time at retreat!!!

Janet O. said...

Sawyer is so cute!
I'm with you on the string blocks. I made one quilt of them and started a second years ago. I really like the look, so I need to finish it, but I don't enjoy the process--hence the striped fabric in my Orca Bay in place of string blocks!

big B said...

Those deer are so beautiful - what a treat to see them - the possum too.
-Kim

Barbara said...

Love all your critters. Does Sawyer look like your husband?

Barbara F. said...

You live in such a beautiful place. I don't care much for possums (or raccoons). I had a raccoon in my roof one time (in NYC, imagine?) and it cost $238 to have him "removed"! Have a fun day. Will you be posting while on retreat, if not I am going to miss you. xo

Pat said...

Looks as if it was pretty chilly for their golf cart ride, but Sawyer was happy about it anyway! I know you'll have a fun day with Ellie and I hope your upcoming retreat is a blast, too.

Editfolt said...

How sweet deer! They're in your yard grazing?

~Niki~ said...

love those shots! sawyer is adorable :)

Sarah said...

I'm still not super fond of string blocks but the 30 little ones I did this weekend were pretty painless and I finished twice as many as I was going to "force" myself to do...

Grammasheri said...

Sawyer and deer and quilt blocks and your guys and then off to see little Ellie! What a day full of blessings!

String blocks are not my favorite either, but they sure are good for using up leftovers!

Enjoy the retreat...