Friday, February 03, 2012

just a'stitching . . .

Mostly this week I've been doing hand-stitching, working on the My Orange Crush blocks.  I finished the first of the four that I prepped last Friday, quilted with the hearts . . . 

And then I decided on a second stencil . . . 

And now the second block is marked and ready to go.
I really like quilting this way because I can easily take it with me and work on it in the car (if Todd's driving) or while I'm watching a grandbaby (if they're asleep, and I can take my eyes off of them).  Plus I can easily work on them while I'm doing my 40 minutes of ultra sound treatment each day and in the evenings, while we're watching TV or Todd's playing on the xbox.

Really, given all the times I can work on them, there's no excuse for them not to all be done by now!

Fiddle-dee--dee . . . there's always today!

Oops, maybe not ... today I'm off to spend a day with Ellie and Joc.  And I forgot to get a new marking pen when I was out on Tuesday, so I'll probably take care of that, too.  And run by Bed, Bath & Beyond to pick up some coffee for the Keurig.  And who knows what else.  Maybe the weekend?  I'm not betting on it.  LOL!

Happy Friday!!

:)

8 left a comment . . .:

Jean said...

I need to teach myself how to hand-quilt. I'm just so much a machine junkie...

Enjoy the crush...hugs!

Janet O. said...

I know how to hand quilt--I just need to use what I know. I have a queen size quilt that I am supposed to hand quilt for my youngest (he's 23). I've done them for all the other kids. But I haven't even got it basted yet. I'm dragging my feet. I need to follow your example and at least get it marked and basted, ready to go. : )

Cathy said...

Your blocks are looking wonderful. I love take along projects. They mean never being bored, or restless while waiting for something, somewhere. I used to hand quilt all the time, but haven't done any in years. My take alongs tend to be applique or knitting these days. I hope you have a good day with Joc and Eliie, with lots and lots of cuddles. How are they doing?

racheld said...

I SO admire your talent with a needle! Such a true art form, and beautifully done.

I've had a covet-for-a-Keurig for a time---I had a lovely Senseo for years, brightening my mornings with her cheery chuckle as she leaned for the pour, and the one-at-a-time was all right for just me or a couple more. But I wonder how it is for a group---is the time very long, and how is it with a scurry of maybe five operating and getting constant refills?

Of course, a side-pot of regular is always on hand, but I know we'd all be wanting to try all the flavors.

Wish you lived close---nobody drinks a this Morning Pot but me.

rachel

Mary said...

Busy hands, happy hearts. Have a great day visiting, hugging and cuddling.

Sarah said...

Hmm...I might like this heart stencil more than the last. Are those squares in the corners to quilt also? Looking good!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Just love the shared process of hand quilting. Yes, great heart stencil- one I may look for.

Pat said...

I love hand-quilting, too. Your blocks are turning out so pretty!