Saturday, February 04, 2012

sweet days . . .

Yesterday was one of those *squishy* days ... lots of baby-loving going on.  I love the back of baby's heads.  All downy and sweet and tiny ... and they smell *so* darn good!
She's filling out very nicely, which I think you can see from this pic!  She's up over eight pounds now!  Grow, Ellie, grow!  (But not *too* fast, please.)

Ellie and I managed to catch a little cat nap together on the couch in the late afternoon.  
  
She fits quite nicely right there!  Although I'll admit it was tough holding my phone to get the picture I wanted to capture.
Earlier in the day, Kim had texted me this photo of a budding Rembrandt:
 Or perhaps a budding Picasso, in his "blue period"!
The first shot was followed closely by this one, in the tub.  I adore the expression on his little face!!  Such a sweetie pie! Kim did say she now had two masterpieces ready for hanging.  I've no doubt!

Needless to say, I didn't finish quilting my block . . .
It's about halfway there, I'd guess.  I've got two and a half more hearts and then the big square and the little squares.  Tonight, maybe.  And then on to the next one!

This quilt was the model/display quilt for the BOM of 2011 (which is what I'm quilting).  Unlike prior BOMs that Patches and Stitches has done, this one wasn't meant to be a quilt-as-you-go project, but since when do I do something the way it was intended to be done?
I liked the blocks, but didn't care for the center, which is why my finished quilt will look very little like this one!

We've got rain, rain, and more rain coming in today, so I imagine it will be a quiet one, just Todd and I, up at the Camp.  Campers start coming in again in a couple of weeks, so I'm happy to take advantage of the solitude while we can!

Happy Saturday!

:)

11 left a comment . . .:

Antiques And Teacups said...

Your budding Rembrandt is too cute! I used to teach kindergarten and it holds up through that age too! The Twihards (as Twilight fans are called around here) are a big deal. There is a B&B, Miller Tree Ranch in Forks that is called locally the Cullen House. There is a board on the porch with notes from the family that change depending on the weather....they disappear when it's sunny indeed!
Ruth

Editfolt said...

Sweet babyk. We are a large snow falls!

Melissa said...

It's coming along nicely. What a sweet girl! HPS and thanks for stopping by.

Teri said...

The first quilt class I took was a "quilt as you go". I purchased a quilting frame and never used it. I think I will try the "quilt as you go" method again, now that I am living in a smaller space. I ordered the Janome 8077 from Amazon, I didn't want to spend a lot of money and this had all of the features that I wanted.

Teri said...

The first quilt class I took was a "quilt as you go". I purchased a quilting frame and never used it. I think I will try the "quilt as you go" method again, now that I am living in a smaller space. I ordered the Janome 8077 from Amazon, I didn't want to spend a lot of money and this had all of the features that I wanted.

Mary said...

Why make a "cookie cutter" quilt??? Glad you're having your "Grand's Time" while you're not busy with the Campers. Love the face painting- LOL

Pat said...

Great pictures of the little ones....and I really got a kick out of Sawyer with all his "makeup" on his face! LOL I wonder if Kim let him see himself in the mirror and if she did, what he thought of his new look?

Connie said...

Ellie is such a sweetie and I had to laugh at your artistic grandson....how cute!

Janet O. said...

Very sweet little Ellie--and I'm not sure if Picasso's look is innocent or challenging or none of the above.
I've never been able to follow a pattern all the way. Just make the parts I like and fill in where I don't. Makes it uniquely yours!

Sweet Baby James said...

What precious pictures!!

just tututiny said...

Stumbled upon your great blog and just wanted to leave a comment to invite you to visit my blog and enter my GIVEAWAY! Hope to see you soon =)
Just Tututiny