Saturday, February 11, 2012

one or two things . . .

I should be outside.  But I'm not.  It is COLD!  Where did winter come from all of a sudden?!?  And why today, the first work day of the year?  There are snow flurries, for Pete's sake!  LOL!  Actually it wouldn't be so bad if the wind wasn't a factor ... the wind chill has our temps in the single digits.  Brrrr!!  I guess if you're operating a chainsaw or a log splitter or hauling wood, it helps ... but not much!

I can hardly believe Ellie is already a month old . . . the weeks have flown by, but not without being documented!!  Joc had a terrific idea for capturing Ellie's first 52 weeks in pictures . . . 
Teeny, tiny!

 
 Baby power!

So serious!

  
So *round*!  Check out those thighs and that sweet baby belly!

Each week she lays Ellie out on a different yard of fabric and Jason gets the shot and digitally adds the "week" onto her plain, white onesie!  Isn't that clever ... and cute?!!  I asked Joc what she was going to do with FIFTY-TWO YARDS of fabric at the end of the year (glad that's not in MY stash report!) and she told me, among other things, that she might like a quilt made out of it!  What a fun, scrappy quilt that will be to make!!  She's been busy pinning lots of ideas for that fabric onto her Pinterest.  Oh yes, I think we'll be busy!

This is Ellie's one-month-old photo:
This will be the monthly photo shoot spot for the next two years.  It will be fun to watch Ellie grow bigger than her owl!!  *baby love sigh*!

I got a special treat in the mail yesterday. Melissa, from The High Altitude Tea Duchess had posted on her blog that she was yearning to do a little letter writing and would love to send a handwritten note to anyone who wished one.  I dearly love handwritten correspondence (receiving *and* sending) and so I signed up immediately!
My note from Melissa arrived in yesterday's mail and was such a treat and fun to read.  And it inspired me . . . I'd love to do the very same thing.  If you'd enjoy receiving a handwritten something in the mailbox, leave me a comment saying so and I'll touch back with you for the particulars.  No strings, no gimmicks ... just some pretty stationary, a handwritten note and a stamp.  :)

I guess I need to head back out into the COLD and see about grilling some hotdogs!  At least I get to work under the pavilion, near the fire!!!

:)

15 left a comment . . .:

Janet O. said...

That is a clever idea for a "growth chart", but my, oh, my--52 yards of fabric? It will have to be much more than one quilt! : )

Mary said...

Cutie Pictures. I love getting mail from my MIL, her handwriting is so nice. She sends her Thank yous and calls them Bread and Butter letters. I'm glad I don't have to dream up a quilt with 52 yards of Fabrics...

Barbara F. said...

Denise, count me in, please! I still enjoy sending and receiving mail (not bills, of course!) but cards and handwritten notes. I'll email you my address. xo

Jean said...

ketchup, mustard and relish for me, please...

My, she has grown a lot. filled out and gotten longer..

Cathy said...

The old saying about time flying when you are having fun definitely applies here. And what a fabulous idea for the photos. When I first saw them, I wondered where she had gotten the onesies with the numbers on them. What a great idea to photoshop them in. She is so very very precious.

Editfolt said...

I love Ellie's clothes. the tulips are beautiful!

Mama Spark said...

What a clever idea and she is adorable!!

KOcanQuilt said...

Precious! How much did she weigh when she was born? My girl was 5lbs 3oz and had 'elephant' knees like that.

I would love to get a handwritten note and will be happy to return the favor. Thank you!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Denise you can count me in on the note - it's so funny you should mention this because we just talked here yesterday about writing thank you notes and letters. One of our missionaries, who is no longer at this particular mission, used to get up at 4:30 every morning and write letters and notes to shut ins and others from her church. What joy she brought to others. I have another friend who has made it her goal to write a thank you note every day for one year. Just imagine the ripple effect from that! blessings, marlene

Melissa said...

I'm glad you enjoyed receiving my letter so much. I plan to keep writing.

Kate said...

Love the weekly pictures. Such a cute idea! It's amazing to see the difference each week. They grow so fast!

Pat said...

What super ideas for documenting Ellie's growth in photos! I, too, would love a handwritten note. I used to have the best handwriting....a true teacher's "penmanship"....and now without using it very often (thanks to the computer), my writing has really deteriorated. *sigh*

Lee said...

Snow flurries, single-digit wind chill ~~ crazy !!! But then I think we were about 20 degrees cooler today but it still was much warmer than your area!
Great idea Joc has for documenting Ellie...I can see a Shutterfly book in the making :)

Connie said...

What wonderful photos! Denise you should do some digital scrap book pages!

Sarah said...

Both photo stories will become treasured memories and I can see them becoming flip books, especially in the chair where she is likely to be facing the same direction. It seems we got snow at the same time...sorry your "guys" had to work out in the cold. I can only hope the work kept them warm.