Monday, February 13, 2012

shades of things to come . . .

I do love design wall Mondays.  And I'm having such fun with the guild's 25th Anniversary BOM, too.  I got the third block finished up over the weekend.  It was fun and not as hard as I thought it was going to be.  I really think it turned out great . . . 
So here's the first three on the sashing fabric:
And here's the December block ... I like the little nine-patch block in the center of the star.  This should be another interesting block to work on. 
The December fan colors are (what else?) red and green . . .
So here are my color picks for the block:

I've also got two *secret* projects underway . . .
  
Sorry the photos aren't that great, but I purposefully cropped and blurred them ... I don't want them to be recognizable ... perhaps later this week I'll share some final project photos!

In the meantime, check out Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times and see what project photos are up from design walls all over blogland.

For me this will be a busy, busy week.  Tonight I'm having dinner with my darling Sawyer while his mommy and daddy celebrate Valentine's a little early.  Who knows what's in store for tomorrow . . . and then Wednesday I'm hopping over to see Ellie (and Jocelyn).  Thursday is guild and then it's Friday!  Wow...where did the week go?!?  LOL!  Happy Monday!

:)

17 left a comment . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Wonderful blocks and what a tease. Enjoy your night with the little man.

Sue Daurio said...

oh those blocks look great with the silver!!

heather said...

I love leaf blocks.

Connie said...

Beautiful blocks and I can't wait to see your secret projects!!

Janet O. said...

Looking good! Those December fabrics looks so pretty with the sashing fabric.
Now you have me curious about your secret projects!

Jean said...

Your leaf block turned out great. I did some pillows using a leaf block. It was fun to create.

Kathie said...

I also love design wall mondays even though I had nothing new this week, maybe they will inspire me.

Vicki said...

the blocks are wonderful and that sashing fabric is awesome! Can't wait to see your secret projects when the unveiling happens!

Cathy said...

Your guild blocks are looking really good. And I so agree with liking Mondays and going travelling to all kinds of places, and seeing all kinds of things quilty, without ever leaving my comfy chair.

Rachel's Quilts said...

Your Maple Leaf block turned out great. Glad it was easier than you thought it was going to be.
Enjoy your dinner date.

Rachel's Quilts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AnnieO said...

I have a guess on one of the secret projects :)

Looks like lots of fun play still happening with your guild project. Enjoy your week!

Mary said...

A busy week will pass by so fast and it will be Monday all over again! That's how my 2nd week of each month goes too. I've awarded you the "Versatile Blogger Award".

Heather said...

Your blocks look beautiful! Love your choice of sashing fabric. :o)

Teresa Felgueiras said...

What a lovely set of blocks. I personally love the leaf one.

Sarah said...

hmm - is this payback for my secret project? I think I can guess what the first is...but that would make it too easy. Wonder what the second/stitchery project will be...

Kate said...

Love your secret project photos, very mysterious! The BOM project is looking good too. Love the fabrics for the December block.