Saturday, February 18, 2012

february's daybook . . .

I can't quite believe I let December, January, and more than half of February get away without posting a daybook entry.  This is one of my favorite writing exercises. :)

Outside my window... it's gray and cloudy, but relatively warm for February.  Rain is promised for this afternoon and through the night.  In anticipation of the rain and bluster, the birds are hitting the feeders pretty heavily . . . cardinals, tufted titmouse, goldfinches (which are more like olive-colored finches in the winter), several varieties of woodpeckers, nuthatches, and chickadees.  They're so sweet!

I am thinking... about the retreat with my Stitcher's Group next week!  I'll leave early on Wednesday morning and be back Sunday afternoon.  Five days and four nights of stitching, stitching and stitching.  I'm thinking about what projects (and what extras) I'll take with me!

I am thankful... for my darling grandbabies.  They are the best, best, bestest!  (Right after husbands and children, right?!)

From the learning rooms... I'm learning some new embroidery stitches *and* I'm playing around with FMQ.  I like learning new things!

In the kitchen... today there's not a whole lot going on.  I'll probably make some Firehouse Crackers for Todd (so he's got them to munch on while I'm gone next week).  I heated up some Ravioli Soup for lunch.  Yummy!

I am wearing... a jean skirt and tee-shirt.  And my snuggy.  It's chilly in here today!

I am creating... mostly I'm working on projects I'd started years (and years!) before, and need to get wrapped up and put on my "finit" list.  There are a couple of new projects in the works, too.  Some, like my scripture tree and the rainbow swirl are very much in the 'thinking out' stage.  Some are in process like my 25th Anniversary quilt!

I am going... nowhere today ... except perhaps around the camp.  We've got campers in and I've been around once already, grabbing pics.  One group is very large -- 75 campers -- and is here for a "He-Man" weekend.  When Todd and I went around yesterday, the boys were all up on the upper field playing ball and frisbee in shorts.  And quite a number of them were not wearing shirts!  And NO!  It was NOT that warm!  The other group is a Boy Scout group working on their wilderness badge.  There are about 20 of them, scattered all over the camp. 

I am wondering... how those boys (who're spending the day constructing shelters in the woods) are going to fare tonight when then weather comes pouring in.

I am reading... the Bible study and accompanying Bible text to A Woman's Heart:  God's Dwelling Place.  It's a Beth Moore study we're doing at Cornerstone.  I just finished a quick novel on my Kindle.  I don't know what I'm going to pick up next.  I also just received a new book in the mail -- I won it in a FB contest -- Creating Your Perfect Quilting Space, which is filled with lots of awesome ideas.

I am hoping... we're somehow able to trade out RV for the new one.  Yeah ... it was that great.  :)

I am looking forward to... church tomorrow ... spending the day with Joc and Ellie on Tuesday ... and heading to the retreat on Wednesday, of course!

I am hearing... all the boys out there enjoying the splendor of nature!

Around the house... music is playing and the quilting bunkroom is calling my name.

I am pondering... next week -- the 23rd -- will be the one year anniversary of Everett's stillbirth.  I know this is heavy on Joc's mind, too.

One of my favorite things... pretty, fresh cut flowers.  My bouquet from my darling man are sitting on the counter in front of me, still looking so pink and pretty!

A few plans for the rest of the week... well, there's not much left of the rest of the week, is there?  This afternoon I plan on playing with some quilt blocks and this evening I want to write some notes and do some hand quilting!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
This is the block I'm currently quilting and will be working on tonight.  I cannot wait until this is a finished project I can curl up in!

As always, I'll be linking up to The Simple Woman's Daybook.  Happy Saturday!

:)

8 left a comment . . .:

Pat said...

Great post....I was thinking about Everett the other day. :( Can you give me a recipe for ravioli soup? I never heard of that but it sounds yummy.

Jean said...

It's getting dark (evening) and it's windy and rainy. There's snow in the higher elevations.

Had a busy day... just sitting and resting. Watching a movie under a quilt while hubby snores away (naptime).

Hope the weather isn't too cold or nasty. Hugs!

Editfolt said...

Denise beautiful designs. Hungarian food you cook it?

Melissa said...

You sound busy, or maybe the camp sounds busy? L) Either way, I hope your day is grand.

Cathy said...

I love your daybook posts. I've often thought about doing them, but never seem to be able to come up with answers to the categories.

sterlingsop said...

Ooooh a stitching retreat sounds like my idea of HEAVEN!! Enjoy :)

Sarah said...

My guild is thinking of doing some kind of retreat this year...I hope sew! This weekend was sit-n-sew and I think we did more talking than sewing but it was fun :)

Reecea said...

Your quilting bunkroom sounds very cool. Grandbabies are the best people in the whole world:) Good post!