Wednesday, February 22, 2012

dolls and swaps . . .

Since yesterday was an Ellie-day, it only goes to follow that today would be an Ellie picture day!  It never ceases to amaze me how much and how fast babies grow.  I'd just seen her last Thursday, and already I know she's gained at least another pound, she's moved up a size in diapers, and she's filling out her clothes so nicely!
So far, her eyes are holding onto the blue.  Her daddy has pretty brown eyes though, so we're waiting to see! She's also much more awake and alert for longer periods of times between napping (which is still her main function) and follows you with her eyes.  It was so funny to see her turn her head trying to find mama when I was holding her and Joc was talking to me. 
Still, sleeping is a favorite activity.  Of course, having a baby sleeping contentedly on my chest is a favorite of mine, so we get along well.
Had to share a shot from the rear . . . such a cutie-pie!  She's gotten so round ... and long!
And the feet; can't forget the feet!  Already the little lady, crossing her ankles.

Okay ... needless to say I took dozens of photos of my dear little dolly, but I'll show restraint here!  However, speaking of dollies . . .

There's a NEW doll quilt SWAP in town!!
It's monthly, open to anyone who wants to participate (even international), and promises to be a LOT of fun!!  Barbara, from Cat Patches is organizing (and doing a terrific job of it, I might mention), and there's already twenty folks signed up for this!  Click on the picture to get more information on the swap and info on how to sign up, or click on the button on my right sidebar!

I'm off to pack.  I've not packed the FIRST thing!  Yikes!!!  Better get a scootin'!

:)

12 left a comment . . .:

Barbara B said...

Denise, we love those baby pics! They give us an "awwwww" moment!

I'm in for the doll swap, just signed up!

Barbara

Pat said...

Love those photos and love her outfits, too!!! Have a great time on retreat. Do you take a laptop or will we not hear from you now until you are back?

Teresa in Music City said...

Ellie is adorable! We have our own little "doll" who was 3 months old last week. He lives in NC so we only get to see him via Skype, but what a little cutie pie! Enjoy the doll swap!

Paula said...

Oh my! I can't believe how much she has changed. She is growing up. Thanks for sharing just how adorable she is with us.
Have fun at your retreat.
Hugs

Jean said...

baby bottoms, toesies and noses... sigh... make me smile.

Janet O. said...

Have a great time at your retreat, and try not to think too much about that little Ellie you will be missing! : )

Cathy said...

I'll make it unanimous........ keep the baby pictures coming. She is adorable. And she is certainly growing by leaps and bounds. I hope you totally enjoy your retreat and get lots done. Can you show us what you are taking, maybe as before and afters? And I hope you can give us some what you are up to updates from there.

Gmama Jane said...

Ellie is a cutie pie for sure. She is also a Miracle in so many ways. Are you going to the Guild retreat?

Blessings
Jane

Sarah said...

I think Ellie might win the best dressed baby award! She's definitly filled out and it's nice to see her alert in a lot of your photos.

Lee said...

Ellie is just the livin' doll ;), love the hearts on her bottoms.
I hope you have a terrific time at your retreat!!!

~Niki~ said...

She is adorable :)

Amy said...

I think she looks like Jocelyn in that first picture! xoxo