Thursday, February 16, 2012

the fun continues . . .

It's gray, cold and rainy this morning ... it promises to be the perfect kind of day to stay curled up with a good book or an old movie classic ... and a cup of Earl Grey!  Who's in?

The past few days, on the other hand, was full of sunshine.  I've wanted to share this bouquet with you for days . . . 
My sister sent it for Valentine's Day. Talk about sweet!!  Especially for a chocolate lover like me -- it won't last long around here.  And look -- even the "vase" is chocolate!  I think the term, "death by chocolate" may apply here.  LOL!!  This would be a fun bouquet to craft up.

Speaking of crafting up, I wanted to help Ellie make a Valentine for her mommy.  Sawyer and I have done hand crafts for Valentine's Day for the last two years, so I thought perhaps Ellie and I could do feet crafts (especially since hers are so darling).  Jason had taken this *terrific* shot of her foot . . .
So I decided to put that sweet, little foot inside a little heart and made a stitchery out of it . . .
Just a little something-something.  It was fun.  I'd never used the chain stitch (which outlines the heart) before. And I tucked a snapshot of the photo I used into the back of the frame, just so she'd have the reference for it. Joc was real pleased with it!
And I was real pleased to spend my afternoon holding and cooing over Miss Ellie.  Every time I go over there she's more and more awake and alert and she's grown!

Right down to her feet!
We had some fun conversations yesterday.  Look at those bright eyes and chubby cheeks!
Her eyes are holding onto the blue ... Joc is blue-eyed and Jason is brown-eyed ... so we're waiting to see if Ellie's color changes or remains blue.  And her new hair coming in is lighter.

I think all my playing wore her out . . . check out at those sweet little cupid's bow lips!

And a shot of my beautiful Jocelyn with her beautiful girl.
 
Tonight is guild night ... yay!!  We've got master instructor Lisa Binkley coming in to discuss adding sparkle and texture to quilts by bead embellishment!  It should be a lot of fun -- I'm really looking forward to it!  She does some incredible work and it's worth a visit to her website to check it out.

And that's it for me ... stay warm and dry today!

:)

16 left a comment . . .:

c. Joy said...

I'm smiling. Looks wonderful right down to the chocolate. Your gift for Joc is perfect. Have a great week.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, love the choco gift! And baby feet, how sweet. Enjoy your mtg., looks like fun.

Barbara F. said...

So sweet, Denise, you are so creative. I love your candy bouquet. xo

Jean said...

oooooh, baby cheekies...SQUEE! Gosh, she's changed so much already!

LOVE the chocolate idea! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!

Have fun with the guild. Let us know what you learned...

Connie said...

What sweet photos and what a yummy basket of goodies! Beautiful photo of Ellie and Jocelyn!
Quilting by the River

Kris said...

Oh, wow, Denise!! All that chocolate!! It's enough to make one swoon!! And your stitchery of Ellie's foot is not only super darling but also super imaginary!! Love it!! And as cute as it is, it's not as cute as the real thing!! Ellie and Joc make a sweet picture!! :-) Kris

Janet O. said...

I'm always up for a classic movie, as long as by "classic" you mean something from the 30s or 40s! Wow, when I look at that bouquet I see all my New Year's resolutions flying out the window! : )
What a sweet Valentine you and Miss Ellie created!

Paula said...

You are just "sew" creative. I may have to come over and kidnap you and take you home with me. Or better yet, I will stow away in your rv and then I can come along to see Ms Ellie and Sawyer in person!
Thanks for sharing all pictures. Love them.
Congrats on your win from QUILT Hollow! ***jealous***
Hugs

Susan said...

Love your stitching the feet and making it into a wall hanging. I am going to do this with my grandbabies. Great idea, thanks!

Mary said...

Love the foot Valentine! I did a HANDS quilt now I'll have to do a FOOT quilt...LOL. You're so lucky to be close and what a sister you have. It's good you can share.

Sarah said...

It's gray and rainy here too. We have ice water rescue training tonight but maybe after that I can brew a cuppa "with" you! I'll be finishing Kangaroo Walkabout instead of tv time tho - 2 half blocks to finish and then I can start putting the top together!!

I love how Ellie's second toe curls around the third one :)

Pat said...

I'm sure Joc was very touched with that Valentine. That is one thing I've agonized over...the fact that I never lived close enough to my grandkids to do those kinds of things with them that you do with Sawyer and will soon do with Ellie...make fun gifts with them for their parents. *sigh* But, hey...on the happy side for me, I love that chocolate bouquet. Do you need me to volunteer to go down there and save you from consuming all those calories??

Rachel's Quilts said...

Love the embroidery. What a great idea.
Enjoy all that chocolate.

Kate said...

Such a sweet valentine for Joc. Very cute. Love your death by chocolate bouquet! Something like that would not last long around here either!

Kirsten- The Foreign Domestic said...

That bouquet is amazing. It would be very dangerous for me to be near that :). Beautiful shots of your girls :).

StitchinByTheLake said...

That is the best bouquet I have ever seen. Ever. Did I say ever? :) blessings, marlene