Monday, February 20, 2012

design wall bust . . .

My wall has not changed at all since last week.  I've still got the three fabrics for my guild's BOM hanging out waiting to be finished:

And I've pulled out my tub of browns for the four "fallish" string blocks I need to create for a collaborative project:

But I did finish my little owl stitchery!
Isn't he cute?  I think I'm going to frame him in a log cabin frame, with earthy tones.  Good thing the brown are out, right?  On on over to Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times to check other (more productive, I'm sure) design walls this happy Monday morning.

I got this in Saturday's mail:
It was a giveaway from Kim Hanson Quilts that she held on facebook ... you had to post a picture of your quilting space and she randomly chose a winner.  And it was me!  Todd told me that since I'm so good at "winning" I needed to work on winning us that new RV.  LOL!  He's so funny!  

And today, guess who's coming for a visit?!
Yay!  I think boys are born with a gene that makes them want to be behind the wheel of a vehicle -- any kind of vehicle -- from a very young age.  But he's so CUTE!  (I stole this pic from his mommy, by the way!)

Happy Monday!

:)

10 left a comment . . .:

Janet O. said...

That owl turned out so darling!
Congrats on the book win. Now if we all had a quilting room the size of the one on the cover we could have the "Perfect Quilting Space"!! : )

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I think your creativity is with your cute owl - once that is done, you will be able to move on. Congratulations on your win, I agree with Janet - if you had the size room they show as "perfect quilting space"!

heather said...

The owl is very cute.

Barbara F. said...

That owl is too cute! I know you are having a great day. xo

Jean said...

He's a big boy!

Laying low today. not one of my best days... Gosh, you are always winning giveaways. You got the powerball numbers? Loved your hubby's comment about the RV. Hahaha. I want you to get it, too! That RV would be perfect for y'all!!!!!!

Pat said...

LOVE your owl. What kind of thread did you use for that? It's PERFECT! Love Sawyer behind the wheel.

Cathy said...

I like that idea, of putting the owl in a log cabin. It will be really well complimented that way.

Sarah said...

Love that owl - can't wait to see him framed. Is he for the wall or a quilt project?

Editfolt said...

beautiful fabrics. :)

AnnieO said...

Love your owl! And Sawyer is looking pretty comfy there in the driver's seat :) Pretty fabrics coming out to play there too.