Wednesday, February 08, 2012

slow to go . . .

That's me today . . . slow to get moving, slow to get motivated.  Todd and I worked hard on administrative stuff yesterday, to ensure everything (budget, minutes, financial reports, etc.) was ready for Friday's board meeting.  We also got a call yesterday evening ... Cornerstone Baptist Church in Fayetteville, TN, will be our next church assignment!  Yay!  But today I'm just taking it easy. 

I may be having a slow today, but Joc sure didn't yesterday.  She sent me an e-mail that had me laughing for hours (I'm still chuckling about it)!  I responded and told her she needed to cut and paste that e-mail into a blog post, without changing a thing.

She did.  It's right HERE.  *Definitely* worth a read -- especially if you need a laugh for the day (or two) . . .
Or a reminder of how sassy a sweet little bundle like this can be!

:)

17 left a comment . . .:

Paula said...

ROFL! That was precious. I laughed even harder when I read the last sentence of your comment..."you go, Ellie" ROFL!

Jean said...

shes in charge now...LOL

Fayetteville? Sirs Fabric... the trims....

Pat said...

I guess I"m not totally informed about your work. Do you mean you will be moving to Tennessee???? Of course, Ellie is a doll. I'm going to look at the link now to see this funny thing that was posted.

Connie said...

How sweet! So you will be moving?

Lee said...

I think you can take a slow day now and then..seems you've been really busy between quilting, the precious grandbabies and everything else. Joc's post was so funny, I'd read it last night...I remember those times with my own! Enjoy your slow day ;)

susie said...

You're entitled to have a slow day, its good for you. Ellie is just as sweet as can be.
xx susie

Sarah said...

Ok - same question as Pat - does that mean you will be moving to TN and no longer as close to the kids and Hubby's job or is it a "commutable" distance to Fayetteville?? Do tell!

I love Ellie's to do list - probably a number of daily repeat items.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I echo others...tell us what this move means! Blessings, Marlene

Cathy said...

Ellie wouldn't do something like that...... she's way too sweet, and precious and perfect and would never do that to her poor mommy........ heheheheheh. But, she is very sweet and precious.

Mary said...

Newborns are un-predictable like that. You never know how tight to fit the diaper to avoid that issue. One thing I don't miss...G-ma's can hand those duties off to the Mom and Dads. This G-ma will just take care of the snuggles and baby kisses. How far away will you be from your sweet Sawyer and Ellie now? :(

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a sweetie! Will you be on the move? Oh, do keep us informed.

Janet O. said...

Yes, let us know what this assignment means for you.
Great "to do" list. Love it! Just tended the grandkids today--so true, so true!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

LOL! What a great way to keep track of those precious days...poop and all. She should make this a weekly post! Thank you for sharing this - too funny!

Kate said...

LOL. I remember those days. It's good that Mom has a sense of humor.

c. Joy said...

I'm with everyone else, waiting to hear more about your new assignment. God bless you & yours.

Barbara said...

LOL. That sweet little thing? I don't believe it!

Michelle said...

But did anything get on the quilt?!?! You can't leave out important details like that! :-)