Monday, February 27, 2012

design wall bliss . . .

What a productive five days for me!
I think I got more done in the past five days than I have in the past five months.  Well, perhaps that's a bit of an exaggeration ... but not by much!  I mean look at that busy work station!!  Okay, so let's see what I've got to "show and tell" on my (real) design wall!

First, I started and finished this sweet little pillow face, using that fabulous swoon block pattern and the Little Apples charm pack that I was gifted by Joy at Joy & Comfort.
We'd agreed we'd do a project with the fabrics and share the results.  I've still got to face it and put a back on it!

I also finished up the December, January, February *and* MARCH blocks for my guild's anniversary BOM!
One of the other quilters at the retreat was working on the blocks too -- only she was a real over-achiever and had done THREE of each block!  LOL!  I'm happy to have finished one!  But her blocks looked great and will make some beautiful treasures!

And last (for today's viewing pleasure, anyway) I got all of the blocks for My Orange Crush set on point and all the backs and batting pieces cut and ready to make the individual quilt sandwiches so I can do the lap quilting.  HOORAY!!!
So far I've got eight blocks quilted ... but now that they're all ready to go, the hand work will go quickly.  The purple strip up at the top is the stripping I'm going to use to put the blocks together.  All that orange needs a little purple to break it up!  I like the dark four corners, though -- I'm glad I decided to go that route!

Head on over to Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times to check out other fabulous design walls!  As for me, I'm headed out for some much needed 'catch up' time with grandbabies today!!

Hasta la vista!

:)

14 left a comment . . .:

Wilma NC said...

The orange quilt is striking!!! My room looks like yours, lol. Today I am emptying it out and rearranging everything. I'm scared.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Like Wilma - my work space looks like the retreat room! Orange seems to be the color - been working in orange in several projects of late and I don't even like orange.

Melissa said...

What amazing pieces of art!

Teresa in Music City said...

Just LOVE your swoon block! It's one of the prettiest I've seen! And your Orange Crush is going to be wonderful! Aren't retreats great for kick-starting projects? Of course, I always have to recuperate for a few days afterward =^..^=

Janet O. said...

The cluttered state of the retreat sewing area is a mark of genius! : )
Love all the projects, but I admit I am partial to orange!

Rachel's Quilts said...

Nice progress. Your Orange Crush quilt looks great.

Kris said...

Good for you for getting so much done. Your work all looks so nice. I love the Orange Crush quilt. It is really bright and happy.

Cathy said...

Oh Denise, it all looks so wonderful. You were very productive. I love that orange quilt, and the Swoon block. Just beautiful. Have fun with your grandbabies.

Jean said...

Wow, you got a lot done!!!!!!!

AnnieO said...

Congrats on all your accomplishments! Love the pillow front and the orange crush. Wonderful to be among quilters, right?

Lee said...

Oh my, but you have been productive. And how lovely everything looks. I imagine you're still running on your "quilting retreat high" as well. Have a blessed day.

Quilter Kathy said...

Great progress...love your swoon block!

Sarah said...

All those messy tables at the retreat tell me that lots of work was accomplished...congrats! Ornage Crush looks great all layed out...Love those bright colors.

Connie said...

Looks like a fun time and love the Orange Crush!