Thursday, February 09, 2012

ending well . . .

I received a fun *squishy* in the mail from my darling friend Pat, of A Little of This and a Little of Pat. I've enjoyed Pat's friendship for a while and she really is a kind and thoughtful lady, as well as an excellent quilter!!
In the package were lots of fun fabrics ... perfect things for an "I Spy" quilt!! There was also a Lapel Stick for me to give a try *and* Pat knows me so well ... two little heart frames for the sweet faces that have captured my heart; Sawyer and Ellie!
Thank you *so* much, Pat!!

I finished up the inner quilting on one of my MOC blocks. I decided with this one that it makes sense to stitch-in-the-ditch around that square that encompasses the inner block. Which means I'll now have to go back and do the other six blocks I'd already completed. But that's okay. I'd rather have it *right* for me, than just finished.
At a later date I'll have to walk through my thinking on how I'm quilting this ... and get some feedback!

Yesterday didn't end up being all slow going ... I did head out to spend the evening with my Sawyer Graham! See what greeted me as I walked up to the house?!
I have to admit I felt pretty special!!

I tried to capture the perfect profile shot to do another cameo . . .
 
I'm hoping one of these two will work for it! I had found a great tutorial for converting ordinary photos into cameos. I'll fool around with it later.

We had a fun evening playing around. He likes to look through the opening between the living room and the kitchen.
He's growing up so fast I can hardly stand it!

At one point he got on his little rocket scooter. He kept reaching behind him and patting the little white tail fin and saying something to me.
It took a little while, but I finally figured out he wanted me to sit behind him and go for a ride! LOL! Oh, little man -- would that I could!!

At dinner I tried to capture a few. When the orange light from the camera hits his face, he knows a picture is getting ready to be taken and he grins his cheesiest grin!
After I showed him this one, his grins got cheesier . . .
And sillier . . .
I don't think he can show anymore teeth than he is ... seriously, I think every single tooth he has is showing in that last shot!  We were both laughing so hard -- I'm glad this kid has got a great sense of humor!!

After dinner we did a little coloring.  As you can see, he's got his serious side, too.
Until finally it was time to get into pj's. Sawyer headed right for the rocking chair ... he wanted me to sit in his lap.
Bless his little heart! He's quite the adorable little fellow!

Today I'm headed to see my Ellie! And I'm making Joc and I a Quinoa-Avocado Salad that I found on Pinterest that looked quite yummy, and I'm also making them Chicken Packets for dinner. Should be a fun day (and I'm really glad Ellie got her *tumultuous* day out of the way earlier in the week)!!

Lastly ... I'm gearing up (and really excited) for our Stitcher's Quilting retreat in less than two weeks ... besides the normal stuff (sewing machine, iron, projects, etc.) what do you *absolutely* have to have with you when you go on a quilting retreat?!

:)

16 left a comment . . .:

Barb said...

What a cutie you have there and wonderful squishy!!

Janet O. said...

Fun package to receive!
What a fun evening with your "other man."
What do I absolutely have to have to go on a retreat? I wouldn't know--never been on one, but I hope to someday!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I've never been to a retreat, so no help. Boy he is grrowing!!

c. Joy said...

Hand lotion - you'll keep your hands clean all day (& night) but when you go to bed a little lotion will be wonderful. Also a camera (to 'borrow' ideas and to take pictures for all the posts you'll be doing to tell us about this fun adventure). A small notebook to make notes (you'll remember a bill to pay or a plant to water, if you put this all on paper you'll have your reminders for when you get home and your brain will be clutter free so you can enjoy your weekend). Don't take Cheetos - don't ask how I know this. ;)

Mary said...

I'm so glad to know that you won't be far away from these cuties with your new assignment. For a retreat I found one of those rolling 3-drawer units, to put projects in, work really well along with a Folding Mat and Ironing board on top. I love mine from Omnigrid.
http://www.shopjoya.com/p-33532-omnigrid-gear-foldaway-12-x-18.aspx

Barbara F. said...

Have fun today. I love that your grandbabies call you Daneesy! Your salad and chicken packets sound yummy. Enjoy! Can't wait to hear all about the retreat. xo

John'aLee said...

What a cutie patootie! Oh...and I love Pat too!

Love Bears All Things said...

You've really been getting lots of mail lately....I like the fabric in this one.
Mama Bear

Editfolt said...

When Sawyer's laugh is like you

Jean said...

I love toddler cheesy grins...and the sillies...

Love Pat... and I love you, too!
Big squishy hugs!!!!

Lee said...

Awe, Sawyer has great cheesy (& saucy) grins, what a ham!
I've never been on a quilting retreat so I have no "must haves". Would love to go on the one my goes to up near Sisters in Oregon some summer. A girl can dream.

Sarah said...

I particularly like the second profile with his eyes looking up. I got a squishy in the mail too today - what fun!

Pat said...

Sawyer cracked me up with those big grins!!! On retreats, I need to have my camera and also snacks...lots of good snacks! :) I like the idea of you quilting in the ditch around the center square of your block.

Pat said...

Oh...and you are very welcome for the little package.

Kate said...

Looks like Sawyer had a great evening. They do grow up so fast. I look at my "baby" and wonder where the last 13 years went.

~Niki~ said...

great package and super cute kiddo ;) i have a giveaway going on at my butternut street blog.
i don't have many entries if you wanna come check it out. fabric! lol. have a great friday.