Sunday, February 26, 2012

stash report #9 and the consequences . . .

Well here it is. The last day of quilting retreat coincides with stash reporting. And like every addicted body, I didn't pay any mind to the consequences of my actions ... I threw caution to the wind and indulged to my heart's content. I even ignored my own lofty words from last week's stash report: Plus, I won't be buying any fabric while I'm there!  And I know many of you saw those words and just shook your heads, thinking, "Bless her heart!"  (And we Southerners know what that really means, right?!)  There's not getting around it; it's time to pay the Piper.  I have to divulge how much I *gained* over retreat versus how much I (*cringe*) used.  It's time to stand up and say, Hi, my name is Denise ... and I'm a fabricaholicAnd PROUD OF IT!!  LOL!

Used/donated this week: 1.5 yards
Used/donated year-to-date: 4.75 yards
Purchased/added this week: 20.0 yards
Purchased/added year-to-date: 30.75 yards
Net used/donated for 2012: -20.25 yards

Ay yi yi!!!!  What in the world was I thinking?!??  I'll tell you exactly what I was thinking . . . I was thinking that the five yards (all that was left on the bolt) of one darling, darling fabric that was $4.50/yard and 60% off to boot, would make a darling sundress for Ellie (a new one for the next five or six summers).  And hey -- since I'm thinking clothes and not quilts, do I have to count it??  I was thinking that 60% off all those batiks could not be passed up.  I was thinking...what a bargain!!  Plus there was free fabric ... I totally shouldn't have to count that, right?!?  Hahaha!!  Ah well, as always, be sure to check out the link-ups at Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times!
Hanging on the wall at Grand Oak Retreat

 As for today?  I've got a couple more hours of stitching and then it's time to pack up and head home.  It'll be nice to see my sweet husband and sleep in my own bed tonight!

:)

17 left a comment . . .:

StitchinByTheLake said...

I'm pretty sure I would have done the same thing. :) blessings, marlene

Teresa in Music City said...

There's no way you can turn down 60% off!!! Not with today's prices! I'd say that makes you a wise buyer, getting your fabric now so you don't have to pay the big bucks later! Of course, that's the excuse I always use!! =^..^=

Dirt Road Quilter said...

LOL! You did yourself proud! An honest to goodness quilter would not have been able to pass up a sale like that! Heck, I probably would have needed a Uhaul to bring it home. :) I'm so glad you had the opportunity to attend this retreat - sounds like it was lots of fun!

Susan Torrens said...

I almost never resist such a good sale. Fortunately, I don't come across them too often!

krisgray said...

60% off?!! Well, of course you can't turn that down! SOunds like you had great fun.

Barbara F. said...

You will put this fabric to great use and turn out some beautiful items! xo

Kathie said...

my gosh 60% off batiks!!! I would NEVER be able to pass that up.

Paula said...

No one could turn down 60% off. So, "Bless your heart!"
Glad you had a wonderful time.
It is always so good to get back home, isn't it?
Hugs

Connie said...

Sounds like you are having fun and I would have done the same thing! I don't do the stash report.....I keep saying I don't need any more fabric but......

Cathy said...

Ay 60% off it would have been totally wrong and irresponsible NOT to but them. LOL!! Like everyone else has said, I would have done the same thing. Beside, it's for your retirement fund.

Michelle said...

Free fabric doesn't count at all. And cheap fabric barely counts. :-)

Pat said...

Oh...I agree...do NOT count fabric for clothes in your quilting stash report....and don't count free fabric, either. AND...I think only 60% of the 60% off fabric counts....right?

Momof3girls said...

I guess I'm a fabricholic too. I absolutely love fabric and own tons of it and keep buying more. It's so hard not to go to the fabric department to look at it. Of course, when I look I automatically see something that I just have to have.

Margaret said...

Hi, my name is Margaret....and I to am a fabricaholic. AND I TO AM VERY PROUD OF IT!!!!!! Love it! My kids tell me I am addicted all the time! But they never seem to complain when they reap the benifits of my "addiction"

adayintheworldaroundme.blogspot.com

gailss said...

Well,when it is marked down that much there is no choice....buy it!

Jean said...

I wanna see it all! if it's on sale, it doesn't count...Hee hee!

Sarah said...

My first reaction was Holy Moly 20 yards but ... at those prices I would have bought at least as much!