Thursday, January 26, 2012

catching up . . .

Would you believe I spent all morning with Ellie and all evening with Sawyer and I did not take a single picture?!  I was having too much fun to stop and get the camera.  Gosh, words cannot express how blessed I feel!

The forecasters are calling for a pretty heavy rain system in our area today and expecting 1 to 3 inches of rain.  Considering we've had 10 inches of rain over the last two weeks and the ground is completely saturated, that means flash flooding.  After Monday's rain, all of the local creeks and rivers were well out of their banks.  I'm sure that any rain we get will cause more.  We're under flash flood warnings for the next 24 hours.  Yikes!  Luckily we sit up very high and usually don't even have puddles, but the lower road coming in and out of the camp does flood and it looked like a pretty swiftly moving creek bed itself until yesterday!  Also luckily, no severe weather is expected in this system.  That allows me to breathe a tad easier.

That being said, today will be a good day to stay put and catch up.  (Well, weather plus the fact that Todd will be driving the PT Cruiser and I'm not comfortable working the manual transmission of the truck yet, with my foot.)  Anyway, there's laundry, housework, office work, blog reading, a guild newsletter and my January UFO that all are requesting my attention today. 
And as they say, there's no time like the present, so . . . 

:)

10 left a comment . . .:

Pat said...

Lots of areas expecting rain...us, too. Enjoy your stay-at-home day. I do love that pineapple quilt!

Barbara F. said...

Hi Denise, I hope you don't get too much rain. We are expecting rain here too and we were soaked on Monday, but as long as it is not snow, I am thrilled! xo

Jean said...

Casey is expecting tons of rain with this front. I'm catching up today as well.

Janet O. said...

Aren't we fortunate to have warm, comfortable places to hunker down and enjoy a hobby or two when things outside are not so pleasant?
Beautiful quilt!

Barbara said...

We've had heavy rain for the past week, but our weather looks to be improving. Such pretty colors in your quilt.

Melissa said...

praying you do not get washed away!

Cathy said...

Hoping that you stay safe and warm and dry. I really like the way your quilt is looking. The colours are so bright and happy. I fully understand getting so involved with the grandbaby that you forget t take pictures. I've done it. We are on our way to have an AVery weekend as I type this.

Lee said...

oooohhh, your pineapple quilt is looking mahvelous :) Can hardly believe we're already at 1/26...I don't think my #5 UFO is going to be finished, but I've at least made progress. Too bad you can't send some of that rain west, far west, we surely could use it out here, our winter is turning out to be quite a dry one :(

Sarah said...

Glad to hear you'll be high and dry in the RV today. You'll get thru that honey-do list lickety split and then get to sew sew sew!

Kate said...

Hope you are still dry, but with lots more done than when the day started.