Thursday, January 19, 2012

hip-hop-happenings . . .

Last night Kim dropped Sawyer off to spend some time with us ... he was needing some Paw-paw time!  First thing they did?  Head out on the golf cart.  Of course!
It was cold enough that they didn't stay gone long (not because Sawyer was cold, but because Todd was).  I had so much fun watching Sawyer and Todd interact last night.  Sawyer is such a sweet and loving little guy!
And no one can resist his hugs and kisses -- he gives them quite freely, too!
He stayed with us for dinner.  I was *so* impressed ... he cleaned his plate not once, but twice!
He's not only a very good eater, but he's got pretty good table manners, too.  Seriously.  He's so good about keeping his food on his plate and he wants a napkin to wipe his hands on.  Dinner was fun.

After dinner we cleaned up and got him into his pj's.  And what pj ensemble is complete without our orange hat?!?
He cracked me up ... we put on music after dinner and had some dance time (and he plays a mean air guitar, too).  After about the third song, he'd come over and pull me off the couch ... like he wanted to dance with me.  But no.  He wanted *me* to dance while he kept beat in Paw-paw's lap.  So silly!  We enjoyed our evening with him immensely.  I've missed having him over and spending the night; I'm glad the healing process is to the point we can start scheduling those things again!

I'm not finished with Ellie's quilt, but it's coming along.  I had this beautiful pink, variegated thread that I thought would be perfect for quilting in the solid pink.
I quilted her monogram into one of the big hearts ... I'm thinking I may go ahead and fill the other three hearts, too.  I used a stencil for the big hearts . . .
But I decided to go free-hand with the smaller hearts.  I've got two-thirds of the sashing quilted.  I should be able to wrap up the little hearts and get binding on it over the weekend.
That's the plan, anyway.  I'm off to Jocelyn's today and tomorrow, and we've got a church conference Saturday morning AND we're showing our house on Saturday afternoon.  YAY!!

Tonight I'm headed to our monthly guild meeting.  The program tonight is a showing of Stitched the Film.  I'm really looking forward to seeing it ... along with driving there and seeing all my stitching buddies!
Okay, so as much as I've got to do, I guess I'd better get off and outta here!

:)

13 left a comment . . .:

Jean said...

Crossing my fingers on the house showing... And Sawyer ate veggies, too! Smart boy!

c. Joy said...

YOu are inspiring me, thank you. I'm working on a quilt for a baby I got to hold yesterday. She was so cute - now I'm trying to finish my fun little quilt for her. (Trying not to have grandma envy - I know, all in God's good time.)

Janet O. said...

Ellie's quilt is coming right along. Good decision to put the hearts in the sashing.
What a sweet little guy!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the thread you are using - really very pretty. Looks like all had a good evening - my he is growing!

Cathy said...

Ellie's quilt is looking wonderful. You are doing a great job with the quilting. She will be so happy and comfy all snuggled up in it. And Todd looks so cute in Sawyer's hat *giggle*

Editfolt said...

I love it Ellie quilt. Tod and Sawyer are cute!
I have a request possibly you can help!
I do not find a sample spiral to the cut of bargello! There are 9 spontoon for me ruler, but i don't know how it is necessary to impose it?
Do you have an idea?

Mary said...

Have fun Driving- I'm ice-covered, snow-bound and will be stitching my heart out. I saw teh STITCHED film when they offered online for FREE last Fall. Our Guild watched it DEC and finished it in January, the DVD froze. It would have been even more fun if Todd had Video-ed you dancing for Sawyer...LOL

Barbara F. said...

Hi Denise, you are one busy lady these days. So glad you can get around alot easier. I didn't know you were selling a house? Is it the RV? xo

Gmama Jane said...

I so enjoy your posts with Sawyer Boo. He is such a sweetie. Aren't they so cute in their pj's? Where does he sleep when he comes to the RV? Sending good vibes for the house to sell...sell...sell...sell...
Blessings

Connie said...

Sawyer is such a cutie! I think you are both having way too much fun with him!! Love Ellie's quilt, it is looking great!

Sarah said...

Ellie's quilt is looking good!!

How old is Sawyer now? I don't think my nephews eat that well and they are going on 4 and 7.

Kate said...

Beautiful quilting on Ellie's quilt. Glad you got to visit with Sawyer, he's a cute kid.

Tina Wright Photography said...

I, of course missed yet ANOTHER guild meeting, as I even had it on my "2012 List"!! We had a Senior Parent Meeting!! (That's an "OH MY" and was an "Oh Well" that it fell on Guild Night naturally...) I was SO looking forward to seeing you!! ...

*HUGS*
Tina :) ...