Saturday, January 21, 2012

fnsi results . . .

Finally!  We were out the door just after six (I know, right?!?!  Six o'clock on a Saturday morning!) to do a conference; went from there to show our house; headed from the house to take care of next week's grocery shopping, and got home just in time to unload/put away groceries and make dinner.  Whew!

My FNSI was dedicated to finishing the hearts!  Yay!!  
But I couldn't leave well enough alone.  I decided it looked funny having Ellie's monogram in one of the big hearts and leaving the others empty, so I'm going to rectify that.  I've quilting "Ellie" into one of them and now there's two more to fill.  Probably one with her date of birth and an "I ♥ U" in the other.  Hopefully, I'll finish those up tonight.
 I love how this quilt looks with the little hearts quilted in the sashing!  It's so sweet.  The dark spots are where I blotted out my quilting marks.  Oops . . . it looks like I missed a few!
Okay, enough from me.  There's a bowl of ice cream calling my name.  And I'm fairly certain there's an early bedtime in my future, too.
And tomorrow I'll bind and toss this darling into the wash.  On Monday it's Ellie's!

Ciao!

:)

13 left a comment . . .:

Janet O. said...

Sometimes you just have to let the quilt tell you what it needs, don't you? Ellie will love it!

Barbara F. said...

Gorgeous job, Denise! xo

Mary said...

Looks so awesome! Ellie has a treasure there.

Rachel's Quilts said...

Looks great! Looking forward to a picture of Ellie with her new quilt.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You hand quilted up a storm. This is so sweet - and I'm sure we will get a photo of the two together.

Kate said...

Very pretty hearts!

Deanna said...

Such a sweet quilt! Sure to be loved.

c. Joy said...

Wonderful. Good job Grandma! Have a great day.

Pat said...

Ellie's quilt is turning out SO pretty....great additions to it with the quilting you are doing of her initials, etc.

Michelle said...

You're turning it into a birth sampler -- that is so neat!

Jean said...

it's an heirloom to treasure.

Tina Wright Photography said...

THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!!! ... Love, Love, Love it!! ... ;) ...

Can't wait to get to see it in person!!

love you,
Tina :) ...

Sarah said...

I just had an idea and it's probably too late. You should have traced her foot and stitched that into the quilt. For her next quilt...