Friday, January 20, 2012

friday mish mash . . .

No Ellie pics or quilt pics or Sawyer pics today .... I left my camera at Ellie's house (go figure) along with all the darling pictures I'd taken yesterday!  Oh well, if I wasn't going back over there today, it would give me a great excuse to do so!!

I will share that if you're a quilter and you've not seen Stitched the Film, you really should.  It was wonderful!  It was funny and interesting and gave me a whole new perspective on the trials and tribulations of getting a quilt juried into a major show.  Though I just saw it last night at guild, I'll no doubt purchase it for my own movie library (and watch it while sitting in a much more comfortable chair)!

On top of the movie, I won the name tag raffle last night which was our featured Gadget Girls gadget for January ... The Steady Betty!  I tried them out last night and was very impressed.  I'll definitely put my winnings to good use on my acrylic rulers and templates!

And finally, I am going to quilt my way through hearts for tonight's Friday Night Sew In.  It's not too late ... head on over to Crafty Vegas Mom to sign up ... there are over 150 participants so far!  Click on the FNSI button to link up.
Happy Friday!!

:)

4 left a comment . . .:

Cathy said...

I don't have to go to work today, so I'm in for the sew-in today as well. And I hope you get your comera back. I'm looking for ward to lots more pics of Ellie. She is just so sweet.

Jean said...

Hope all goes well today with the showing. Looks like you've been one lucky lady lately! Yay for you!

susie said...

Hi Denise,
Thanks for coming over to my blog.

I hope we can share ots of sewing & creative things. I did just sign up for the Friday Night Sew-In. It was just what I was looking for...THANKS!
see you again soon

Janet O. said...

Hadn't heard of the Steady Betty product. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the heads-up.
Don't you hate it when you forget your camera?