Thursday, January 12, 2012

a wee bit behind . . .

Yes, I'm behind just a bit.  My supper menu for the week has been completely disregarded, my blog reading is WAY behind, the sewing room has been ignored, the laundry looks to be piling up, and my picture taking is *woefully* below the norms.
Because I've found (and I remember this conundrum with Sawyer, too), that I can hold this darling, beautiful little girl **or** take pictures of her.  But definitely not both.  And given the opportunity . . . 
I'm sure you can guess which option I choose!

But I *would* be remiss to not include a message to my sister ... the baby of my three younger sisters ...
 ♪♫ Happy birthday ♪ to YOU! ♫♪
♫♪ Happy ♪ birthday to YOU! ♪♫
♪♫ Happy birthday dear ♪ LAURA!!!! ♫♪
♫♪ Happy ♪ birthday ♪ to ♪ YOU!!! ♪♫ 
♪♫ And many more . . . !!!!! :)
(Welcome to my decade!)

:)

13 left a comment . . .:

Paula said...

I would also pass up everything to hold, love and cuddle a special little person. She is adorable. I am so happy for you and your family. Keep those pictures coming.
Happy Birthday to your sister.
Hugs

Editfolt said...

sweet baby girl!

Jean said...

Trying this from my phone. No internet yet. She is just beautiful. I see many tea partion your future.

Jean said...

* parties, sorry.

Barbara F. said...

She is perfection! So alert. Happy Birthday to your little sister. They can have double birthday cakes. xo

Lee D said...

hey congratulations! too cute and cuddly is right.

Kirsten- The Foreign Domestic said...

Aww...Beautiful!! Happy Birthdays all around!!

Cathy said...

You'll have to learn to cuddle with one hand and take pictures with the other, while you're still cuddling. LOL. She is bee-you-tee-full!!

Sarah said...

Ellie looks very alert in the first photo and I love that she is decked out in purple! At first I thought your sister's photo was you - same eyes and smile. Do all the sisters look so much alike?

Pat said...

Ellie looks cuter and cuter in each photo. I love that checkered bow...did her mommy put that on her or is that part of the hospital's "garb" for newborn girls??

Mary said...

Sometimes the "Pictures in your Mind" are enough to remember the moments that mean so much! Welcoming Ellie takes priority in my book too.

Barbara said...

She is just beautiful, Denise. Can't wait until it's my turn to write such a post. My son and his wife need to get busy because my patience is waning.

Ellen said...

Your new granddaughter is gorgeous. In the first photo she looks very bright, alert and of course, pretty. Congratulations to all!