Saturday, January 28, 2012

quilt of another color . . .

After Thursdays headaches (even though it all worked out in the end), I chose to NOT work on The Pineapple Quilt yesterday.  I figured that was best for both my sanity and the quilt itself.  Most definitely. 

Instead I worked on some other projects.  My Orange Crush being one of those.  All sixteen of the blocks are completed and four of them are sashed (and quilted).  I needed to put a dent in this, so I resolved to get all the corners blocks sashed.  I'm pleased, then, to be able to show this:
Yay!  Only the four corners will be sashed in the purple ... the remaining blocks will be sashed in the orange.

And I even got one marked for quilting . . .
For this one I chose a looping heart pattern.  This should give my hands something to do in the evenings and when I'm doing my ultrasound treatment on my foot!
Today is all about the guild's newsletter . . . and this evening?  I'm so excited!  It's family dinner night at the fire station, so Sawyer and I are going to go have dinner with Paw-paw and the rest of the crew.  It will be Sawyer's first trip to the fire station ... and I can't wait!!  You can bet my camera will be busy, busy, busy!

:)

12 left a comment . . .:

Barbara B said...

Glad you ave the other a rest for just a little while. That's what I do when I have too many oops! Love that quilting design, so pretty and flowing!

Paula said...

I am loving the loop hearts. Is that a template or your own design? It is sooooo pretty and it sure will look wonderful quilted.
Looking forward to reading tomorrows blog and seeing your pictures.
Hugs

Antiques And Teacups said...

Love the heart quilt pattern. I have quilted squares, but never done a quilt! Wonderful!
Ruth

Jean said...

I'm excited about Sawyer being at the fire station. I know he's going to have fun!

I'll be virtually attending my grandbaby's 1st birthday shin-dig... So excited!

Janet O. said...

Very striking blocks! I've never made a QAYG project. I do like that quilting pattern.

Cathy said...

This is going to be so pretty when it is done. I love the bright happy colours.

Melissa said...

Wow. This is coming along so well!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

A really pleasant change! Another stunner - love the hearts.

Mary said...

You are having fun with both of your QAYG, hand quilting again? Your QAYG will wait... Grandchildren don't. Have a great week-end.

Pat said...

Oh, gosh...I bet Sawyer will love being at the fire station and I'm sure everyone there will love Sawyer, too!!! Your orange crush quilt is coming along nicely.

Kate said...

Very, very nice. The sashing looks great!

Sarah said...

I assume you used a template - do you use a pencil or the pounce thinger to mark the stencil? I need to inventory my stencils and see if I have that one - I really like it. Hope you had fun at family night -- I'm sure Sawyer had a BLAST!