Sunday, January 01, 2012

happy 2012 . . .


Today will be a quiet day ... I'm putting my traditional split pea soup in the crock pot and I'll probably spend the day doing a little of this and a little of that ... some reading, some stitching, some reflecting, and maybe a good movie.

The morning is grey and rainy, but it's not dampening my enthusiasm for this year - for ushering in the new! As the Lord said through His prophet Isaiah:

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Isaiah 43:18-19


Happy New Year! :)

7 left a comment . . .:

Kate said...

Happy New Year! Enjoy your quite day.

Teri said...

Happy New Year!

Michelle said...

Sounds like you've got a nice day planned!

Barbara F. said...

I love the quote, Denise. It is a quiet day for me too, although I unexpectedly went to a NYE party last night! Had a good time. I have a ham bone in the freezer to make split pea soup! I'd love to know your crockpot recipe. xo

Lee said...

Enjoy a restful day...whatever you include in it ;) I opted to not drive all the way to church this morning, rather will (am) listening to it over the internet...love modern technology...sermon's about to start, so may you have a terrrrrrifffic day :)

Pat said...

Enjoy your quiet day. The quote you posted is a good one for today!

Momof3girls said...

Happy New Year Denise! I'm so happy that we became friends this past year and I can't wait to see what this new year has in store for us.
Blessings!