Tuesday, January 03, 2012

giving the boot the boot . . .

 
Well . . . booting it for night time wear, anyway.  Which is enough!!  I was rather counting on be able to sleep without any restraint when I went back to the doctor's office two weeks ago, but that was not to be.  I don't think I spoke much about that appointment.  I was rather disappointed with how it ended up, and I didn't really want to talk about it.  But yesterday, finally, I was able to go back to limited weight-bearing (in the boot) and to TAKE IT OFF to sleep!  Best night's sleep EVER.  (In the last fourteen weeks, at least!)  I go back for xrays and a check at the end of the month and during that time I'm to work toward becoming fully weight bearing in the boot.  Pain is the indicator -- if I have it, stop doing whatever I'm doing that's causing it.  And when I've able to get in a shoe and press on the accelerator and the brake without pain, I may drive.  Whew.

Sawyer, James and Kim came over for a visit yesterday.  Sawyer had not seen his Paw-paw since Christmas Eve and he really wanted to see him!  When his Paw-paw asked him if he wanted to go for a ride, Sawyer didn't need to be asked twice -- he was at the door!
In fact, he wasn't just ready to go, he was ready to DRIVE!  I wish I'd captured him holding onto the steering wheel.  He's not even two and he's ALL boy!
James had to physically move him so Todd could get into the driver's seat!  And it was a very cold day, so they bundled in coats, hats, and blankets.
And more blankets . . .
But they came back happy and red-cheeked and ready for naps.  LOL!

Today Joc is picking me up and we're headed to her home to work on curtains for the nursery, as well as a couple of pillow covers and another minky changing pad cover.  It should be a fun day.  The nursery is looking awesome!  She and Jason put a lot of work into it over the last week/weekend, and it's darling!
 Cute grouping of photos, frames, and art work over the changing table.

 The adorable bedding she got (via Kim's win) from Coochicoos.

And I love this vinyl wall art and the cherry blossom mobile over the crib -- Joc made the mobile.  It's so precious!

We'll have fun today, putting on the finishing touches!! 

:)

15 left a comment . . .:

Barbara B said...

Love that nursery, Denise! So adorable! So glad you're seeing progress re: the boot.

Pat said...

Have a great day! Sawyer is too funny with that golf cart!!!

Pat said...

Oh...and GREAT news about no boot when sleeping now!!!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wonderful news about the boot. I hope your next visit will bring even better news. Very cute pictures. And the nursery is adorable!

Lee D said...

wishing you more progress with your foot. I hope you are back to pressing the sewing pedal real soon. That nursery is adorable, lucky baby!

Mary said...

Yea for giving the boot the BOOT! When is the new baby coming? I forget. Cute room and Sawyer is adorable, of course!

Paula said...

I can only imagine how wonderful it was to sleep without the "boot". I pray progress continues all for the good. Sawyer really is a hoot. I feel as though I know him just from reading your posts. The nursery is beautiful. I bet everyone is getting anxiuos for the new bundle. Have a fun day.
Hugs

Barbara F. said...

I am so glad you are making such great foot progress. You have to be able to run after the grandlittles! :) The nursery looks adorable. It's almost time for the little one's arrival. xo

Barbara said...

Yay! I'll be cheering you on your continued progress.

C. Joy said...

Take care of yourself and continue to heal. We were created to be self healing (God thought of everything when He made us). We humans (esp. in this day and age) think it should be instant. Take time and enjoy this down time - that baby will be here any minute (probably on the 16th, but that's another story). Thanks for the update. Also, your little Sawyer is a doll.

Sarah said...

Sounds like wonderful progress on your foot! Can't wait for the day that I read you are driving and fully boot free!

The nursery is adorable. Is there an Ellie countdown?!

Guess what I got in the mail on Saturday?? wootwoot! I flipped thru the articles and drank lotsa tea for a sore throat this weekend but I worked on Orca instead of a full on read - maybe this week!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh so many good things - getting rid of the "boot", Sawyer is just too cute - and I love the nursery!! Such joy - thanks for sharing!

Jean said...

Geez, I disappear and you're bootless! Woo hoo!

That nursery is shaping up. Look like the only thing to make it complete is babygirl...LOL

I've been taken over by a sea of boxes. I'm thinking, however, that I'm missing something important... I don't know. Movers come tomorrow to pick our stuff up and we head west after that.

Kirsten- The Foreign Domestic said...

Awesome--Kicking that boot out of bed! I LOVE the room--and the cherry blossom and wall art is beautiful!

AnnieO said...

Yay for bootless nights! Glad it was only a couple weeks more of having to tolerate that. Adorable "rider" and crew. Looks like a sweet sweet nursery coming together.