Sunday, January 15, 2012

stash report #3 and query . . .

My stash report final numbers are much the same as last weeks.  Nothing in, nothing out, so there you have it. 
Used this week: 0.0 yards
Used year to date: 0.5 yards
Added this week:0 .0 yards
Added year to date: 4.0 yards
Net used for 2012: -3.5 yards

Hopefully I'll have a finish this week and there will go a couple of yards!  Per usual, linking up with Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times

I have almost finished the stitch in the ditch quilting on Ellie's quilt.  I only have the two half blocks on the sides and the quarter block in the top right quarter to go.  Then I'll do the hearts in three of the large blocks and Ellie's initials in the fourth.  But I got to looking at it and thinking that little hearts in the sashing would be so cute ... I kind of drew it out ... of course I'd use white thread and not black (hahaha!) so it wouldn't look as heavy and dominant as it does in the pic below.  
I dunno.  It would add a couple of days, but as long as I have it done by Thursday, I'm okay.  Any thoughts?

Kim sent me this photo the other day ... Sawyer wearing his fleece hat!  Yay!!!  
He's such a precious little fellow.  And yes, that's snow on the car.  We had enough flurries to give us a little excitement!

Here's another Ellie capture by our friend Mary Ellen, from Lighthouse Photography.
I think definitely this pictures says it all.

:)

18 left a comment . . .:

Editfolt said...

from the data I see it you did not sew a lot on the week.:):)

Editfolt said...

The pinning looks well. Did you sew it with a hand?

Angie @ craftedAngles said...

The hearts will be pretty on the quilt! I agree white thread will look awesome.

Ellen said...

I think adding the hearts will make it a little more "special". It is pretty already though!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lots of hearts to quilt - love the last photo, very sweet.

Cathy said...

I think the hearts look wonderful. If you have the time, I think you should do it. I love Sawyers' hat.

Barbara said...

I love the hearts. I might turn them so that they face in opposite directions at the intersection, but it's hard to tell from this image if that's possible. It might not be. Beautiful, Denise. Very creative.

Barbara F. said...

That last photo is precious. Little Sawyer wearing his hat is too cute. I think the quilt looks beautiful. xo

Quiltsmiles said...

WHat a sweetheart Ellie is so it's so apropro that she'll be getting this sweetheart quilt. Happy quilting!

Quilt Hollow said...

just so sweet...momma looking at baby.....indeed says it all!

Kate said...

Sawyer looks like a fun loving kid. He's awfully cute.

The hearts would be a sweet addition to the quilt. Hope it all comes togehter by Thursday.

Janet O. said...

If you have time, I think the hearts would be a lovely addition.
Sweet photos of loved ones!

Gmama Jane said...

Your picture looking at Ellie is Priceless, Denise. The look on your face says everything. I hope you'll get a larger picture or at least a 5x7. You had more important things to do than quilt but since your asking, I do think some well placed hearts would add the final touch.
Blessings
Jane

Teresa said...

I love the quilt, and I know why you haven't used any material this week. LOL I would add the hearts. I believe they would look great on the quilt.

Jean said...

I love that grandma pic... totally precious!!!!

Asiyah said...

That picture of you looking at Ellie is a keeper! You look absolutely radiant!

Thanks for sharing my bloggy friend.

StitchinByTheLake said...

This picture is an absolute treasure...wow! blessings, marlene

Sarah said...

I think you should go with all the little hearts ... for your little sweetheart! Have you thought of pink thread so they are more subtle?