Sunday, January 22, 2012

stash report #4 and grandbabies . . .

Well, I think I'm going to call this one done and credit the yardage this week.  This is all I've got left to do on Ellie's quilt (I imagine you can guess how I'll spend my afternoon)! 
That being said, here's my report for the week:

Used this week: 2.75 yards
Used year to date: 3.25 yards
Added this week: 0.0 yards
Added year to date: 4.0 yards
Net used for 2012: -0.75 yards

Head on over to Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times to see what other folks did with their stash this week!

Now on to fun things, like grandbabies and presents.  My darling friend Cathy, from Eagles' Wings Quilts, sent me a little "happy grandbaby" package!  She knitted the most darling, darling sweater and cap set with tiny heart buttons!  Isn't this just precious?!
 
The yarn is so soft and the colors are just wonderful.  And even though it was a newborn size, Ellie will have to put on a few more pounds before she can wear it without being swallowed up in it!  But since she's gaining about 5 ounces every couple of days, we'll have her in it in no time!

Cathy also send a little treat for me!  Knowing my penchant for buttons, she sent along this cute little set of Canadian buttons . . .
So (sew) fun!  I love the little moose and the hockey stick (I love ice hockey) and the Mounty's hat!  Thank you, Cathy -- you know I'm grinning from ear to ear!

And so is Ellie . . . 
Sawyer wanted to get a closer look.  Perhaps a bit *too* close, judging by Kim's face!  
He decided to pal it up with Uncle Jason . . . the only person he hadn't seen holding Ellie, if you get what I'm saying! (Plus Uncle Jason had the cool remote...it's a guy thing.)

I caught this one of mama and baby at naptime.  So sweet!!

Okay, now I'm off to bind!  YAY!  And go Ravens!

:)

17 left a comment . . .:

Barbara F. said...

What sweet photos! Little Ellie is such a delightful baby. xo

Kate said...

Ellie has a beautiful smile. Ever wonder what babies dream of? It must be good with the smile she has.

Editfolt said...

Ellie is sure nice to dream and smile.

angie@sfquilts said...

That hat and sweater are so cute and Ellie is adorable. I'm glad Sawyer found Uncle Jason and that remote to buddy up with.

Kathie said...

What wonderful pictures and yes, I am routing for the Ravens also.

Asiyah said...

Such great pictures! The knitted sweater and hat are so sweet. Makes me remember when my Liv was a newborn. (sigh)

Have a great week!

Cathy said...

That picture of Joc and Ellie napping is so beautiful, so precious. I hope Sawyer isn't too jealous of having to share all the attention. And you are so very, very welcome. It was fun making it up, and showing the picture of it as it was being made, knowing that I had a secret. *giggle*

Jean said...

Grandbabies are such magic!!!

That sweater set is soooo sweet! And the buttons are totally fun. btw, if you love buttons, check out goodwill's online autctions. They're always auctioning off tins of unusual buttons.

Be safe with the weather, dear...

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Sweet photos, thank you for sharing.

Barbara said...

I love that last image. So sweet.

krisgray said...

Awww! Cute pix! Sorry about the Ravens, we were cheering them on, too.

Pat said...

Love your photos....too cute about Sawyer! Sorry about the Ravens. *sigh*

Agnes B Bullock said...

Congratulations!

Lee D said...

your grandbabies are darling. The Cdn buttons are too cute, but then again I might be a little bit bias!

Kirsten- The Foreign Domestic said...

You're a very busy woman!

Tina Wright Photography said...

What a precious gift from your friend... what precious babies, what a precious family! ... ;) ...

Loving your journaling! It's just the best ever!!

Love Bears All Things said...

Lovely gift....sweet baby..
Mama Bear