Saturday, October 29, 2011

bloggers' quilt festival 2011 . . .

Have you been over to Amy's Creative Side yet? If not, it's definitely worth the visit! She's once again hosting the Bloggers' Quilt Festival and literally hundreds of quilters have linked up to show off their favorite quilts! And believe me, it's quite a show.
Mine? Well, my favorite quilt would have to be the quilt I created for my favorite Sawyer!

His mommy picked out the fabrics she wanted his crib bedding done in, and I got the fabrics to create a special quilt for a special boy!

The design is my own. I tied off in the center of the polka-dot squares. In each of the striped squares I quilted a big "S" for Sawyer. In the small center block of the quilt is his monogram.

He loves playing on it and cuddling in it! I backed it with a solid brown flannel, so it would keep him warm and snugly.

I love this happy orange quilt, but nothing compares to the little darling of a boy I made it for! I just realized though, that I need a more up-to-date picture of my precious and his quilt. Goodness!!

:)

12 left a comment . . .:

Pat said...

Oh, yes.....he is a BABY in these photos but now he is a BIG BOY, so, c'mon, Grammy.......let's get a few shots of him NOW on his quilt!!!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

What a darling boy on a very sweet quilt! I love the way the orange frames your squares and the design is lovely.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

The quilt is so pretty, but you are right, the boy sitting on it is adorable!!

Mary said...

It's fun to see your grandchild with the special Quilt g-ma made for him.
The online quilt show is so fun!!!

Jean said...

Sawyer's a big boy now... I love the color orange... There something about orange that just makes me smile. Why is that?

Miri said...

Cute quilt and even cuter baby!

Love this happy orange quilt: its perfect for this week-end! Great design!

Karen said...

This is a lovely quilt. The colours are great and I like the design you used. And of course your grandie is gorgeous!

Deanna said...

Orange is a happy color--just right for that happy boy.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

How did I miss this quilt? And look at that face! Love tied baby quilts - they say 'cuddle with me'.

jonhebert said...

Adorable quilt and baby, hard to choose (not really!) It is not only the month for Halloween, but breast cancer awareness month!!! Treat yourself or a loved one because you care! I am just stopping by with a reminder to do your self breast exam.
Here's a fun place to start! Everybody loves boob lube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p8pIHy2GRI

Lyanna L. said...

Thanks so much for sharing your fun quilt - love the orange color and also that baby is super cute =)

Eileen said...

Darling bright quilt for that adorable little boy! How lucky he is to have it. Thanks for sharing and have a great day