Sunday, October 16, 2011

day of rest . . .

Although I hate to admit it, Sundays are typically anything but restful days! We get up and rush around trying to get ready for church (and even just with the two of us, one of us is still doing a lot of rushing), we grab a bite to eat afterwards, today we hit the grocery store (which was a treat for me -- first time in my Publix since before the surgery), and then headed back to the camp. Todd put up groceries (with my help and direction) and now we're setting in to get ready for next week. Namely, a Sunday School display board for the Madison Baptist Association's annual meeting on Tuesday. Todd's the MBA's Sunday School director, so he's responsible for handling that booth.

Regardless of how busy we get in doing stuff, I'm grateful for the peace that passes all understanding in my soul. Brother Randy preached out of 1 Timothy this morning; some of my all-time favorite verses have come from Paul's letters to young Timothy. This morning preaching held two . . . thought I'd share them here (which allows me to linger over them just a little longer today) . . .

"But flee from these things, you man of God, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love,
perseverance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of faith . . ." 1 Timothy 6:11-12a

And the second wasn't really in Brother Randy's text, but it followed -- and in fact closes out -- the Scriptures he read . . .

"O Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, avoiding worldly and empty chatter and the opposing arguments of what is falsely called 'knowledge' . . ." 1 Timothy 6:20

Timothy was so lucky to have the apostle Paul as his mentor. And I'm so grateful Paul's letters were preserved and included in God's Word for me!

All of that and I'll end on a laugh, because I am laughing right now. I looked over at Todd, who'd just sat down with the Sunday paper. On the back of the sports section he's holding, I see a HUGE headline reading, "TRENT-TACULAR". Roll Tide, baby.

Maybe I *might* can squeeze a little nap in.

:)

2 left a comment . . .:

Love Bears All Things said...

Happy Sunday! We do not go to church every Sunday. I think it is mostly because Honey Bear was traveling and not home much. We have visited churches here and most often attend our Daughter's church which is just up the road, about 2 miles. Now that he is retired from that travel/job, hopefully, we will find our church home and go more regular. Our membership is still in Memphis.
Anyway, we stayed home today and have had a lovely day. We went for a walk before lunch around the cotton field and through part of the sub division up the road from us. Its been a good day.
Mama Bear

Momof3girls said...

Do you and your husband live in your camper full time? If so, how do you have enough room to sew and do all your other items? We own a camper and would love to find a quiet scenic place to leave it. When we go camping, we have to pull it to our destination each time. That has gotten old, but we haven't found a place where we could leave it and it not cost us an arm and a leg daily. Most places won't let you leave it there anyway. I would love to see the inside of your camper to see how it's set up. I love looking at new campers, mobile homes, etc. My husband can't stand that kind of stuff. Have a blessed Sunday!