Friday, October 14, 2011

little happies . . .

Just a quickie little post today. I finished up the first of those little wool penny samplers. It's cute. Joc asked me when I finished it, "What will you do with it?" I dunno. But it was fun to work on!

The red that came with the kit was a little darker than the fire engine red it was supposed to be, so the arms, which were supposed to be a running stitch in black, were barely visible. I decided to go back and weave through the running stitch with some white floss. I like the way that turned out. At least you can see his little stick arms! It appears I need to keep practicing on my blanket stitch too. LOL! Perhaps I should *not* have posted this picture. Ah well. I've got five more wool projects to work on -- I'm betting there will be a good bit of improvement by the time the last one rolls around!

Plus, Todd just let me know he picked up packages for me at the post office. Whoohoo! One of them is from my mom. She was sending me some fun fall crafts to play with. I can't wait to see what she's sent!

Kim texted me this next one just a bit ago . . .

This is Sawyer enjoying his first peanut-butter and jelly sandwich. Kim told me that he ate the whole thing! Well, the part he didn't wear, at least!! This little boy sure does enjoy his food, on many, many levels.

I'd meant to share this one earlier in the week . . .

This was the happy birthday text I received from Kim on Monday. He is such a character -- he loves to wear that hat!! It just cracks me up!

Today is lovely, lovely -- the rain is all gone, the skies are clear, and there's a delicious breeze that I'm enjoying, sitting here by the open window. Somewhere down below our site there must be some deer -- and evidently they can smell the open window because I can hear one of them blowing! Todd promised to take me about in the golf cart today. Yay! I miss traveling around the camp -- I feel like the gorgeous fall scenery is going to pass without me getting to enjoy it (beyond my picture window). I'll be sure to take the camera! Todd tells me that one of our hardier camping groups came in looking for a service project, and agreed to tackle the High Ridge Trail, which took a big hit from the spring tornadoes. Evidently they did a marvelous job -- Todd says it's almost completely cleared again. Perhaps I can talk him into a ride through it!

Have a GREAT Friday!!

:)

15 left a comment . . .:

Cathy said...

That picture of Sawyer with the peanut butter and jam sandwich is adorable. I love looking at your pictures and stories of him. Lets me know some of what we have to look forward to with Avery. And I like your wool work. Yes, you should share the picture. I'm glad you've got stuff to keep your hand busy while your foot heals.

Linda said...

Love the mitt. Great work. Little guy too cute. Thanks for sharing.

Jean said...

awwwwww, Sawyer is such a cutie patootey! I bet he's a busy little guy.

It's breezy up here in SW Ohio. wonderful Fall day...

Sarah said...

I think your rain came up here Denise - tomorrow starts hunting season and all the hunters are complaining about the rain and 50 mph gusts we are supposed to get.

Sawyer's hat is adorable - reminds me of the tan one my nephew still wears (he's 3).

Oh and I think Joc is aiming for the snowman mitten ;) Can you use your new fleece ruler to cut felt shapes? You could make all kinds of goodies.

Hope you get to ride around and enjoy the fall leaves, etc!

Deanna said...

Sometimes small crafty objects are their own reason. Just cute and harmless.

Pat said...

I like your little mitt, too. Sawyer is a riot and you are right...he has a hearty appetite. I'll look forward to the photos you will take when out on your ride with Todd.

I am Just One Mom said...

love it! when it is this cute: it does not need a purpose.

Mary said...

I hope you get your golf cart ride! We enjoy taking ours out too and now that it is cooling off again maybe our evening rides can resume.

Diane said...

The hat Sawyer is wearing cracks me up too! Kids are soo funny just being themselves.
your little woolie snowman is too cute!

Katherines Corner said...

Oh what a cutie pie he is. I love the snowman glove. I'd add some ribbon and hang it up. It's darling. Hugs and sending wishes for a weekend filled with laughter xo

Paula said...

You did a fine job on the penny rug. I haven't tried any of those yet.
Love the pictures of Sawyer. He sure is an adorable guy.
Hugs

Heather said...

What a darling little snowman... I think he looks perfect! And I like that idea of hanging it on the wall with a ribbon...

Darling little baby, too. What a cutie!

BarbC said...

The Camp looks great... you are 2 - 3 hours north of me, so more fall there than here! By the way.. I went to Ole Miss too! (1980-82... then I got married and transferred to finish my degree at USM).

BarbC said...

Had no idea I was a no-reply blogger. Now to figure out how to "fix" that.

amandajean said...

what a great finish! why do things have to have a purpose when they are done, LOL?!?! (i may have gotten asked that question time or two myself!)

thanks for linking up to finish it up friday!