Wednesday, October 19, 2011

pumpkins and tea . . .

Pumpkins seem to be a recurring theme in my blogging lately ... but I went back and looked at the last couple of Octobers and it's just a sign of the times. The time of autumn, to be specific. So I guess that's just who I am in October ... a pumpkin whisperer. LOL!

(She says, drinking a hot cup of Pumpkin Spice coffee.)

Anyway, my cohort in pumpkin crimes designs was once again my beautiful Jocelyn.

She gave her two pumpkins from last week a second top coat and then proceeded to stripe the one.

I just *love* how these turned out! I touched up my baby one (it had a few little Sawyer-loving spots on it) and gave the glitter a second coat. Aren't they pretty??

Pretty spectacular is what I say. I think I like Joc's ten sections better than my eight sections, though. Of course, she had more pumpkin for it, too.

Then Joc took her other creamy pumpkin and used a paper doily as a stencil for this effect . . .

I wish I'd gotten a photo of her face as she worked on this bad boy. Talk about concentration!

I really like the effect of this one -- and the copper paint was a beautiful compliment to the creamy white. Joc said it looked like wedding colors and I'm inclined to agree. Wedding and dreamy and romantic. For a pumpkin.

I went the whole 180-degree direction and finished up my more manly Roll Tide pumpkin.

I got my "A" in there and got it nicely outlined in black . . .

And then went over the black with the glitter paint. Because I am a girl and there can never really be too much glitter. Just saying. Roll Tide. :)

We didn't get to the carving, but there's still time. I really, really do want to have some carved pumpkins on my front porch over the weekend prior to Halloween. We have a HUGE Father and Son camp-out group that weekend, and I want to be able to have our happy lights on and lit pumpkins to share. Hey, it's the closest to community I get out here in the Camp!

Now, for my tea-loving friends, I would be remiss if I did not share this lovely find with y'all.

Let me preface this by saying I'm not an Anglophile, nor am I a 'royals' fanatic. Heck, I didn't even watch the last royal wedding (tornadoes and all that), but I am a tea person and I happened to catch a piece the CBS Morning Show did with one of the reps from Harney & Sons, who had been commissioned by the Royal Family to come up with . . .

The Wedding Tea. And as a tea lover I was very intrigued. So I went online and found some and went so far as to add it to my wish list. I even made a NOTE on my wish list, expressing that I really did want a tin of tea!

And so, seven months later, with a little of my birthday money, I made the splurge. And in yesterday's mail, it arrived.

And I was not disappointed in the least. This white tea has a lovely, lovely aroma and a very light, delicate taste. It truly was wonderful and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes to try new things. As you can see it's not loose, but it's in silk sachets, and each sachet makes a two-cup pot of tea. Perfect!! And the tin will be a keeper, once the tea is gone. Jocelyn and I enjoyed a spot of afternoon tea after our pumpkin-time. It was the best!!!

And who knows what will unfold today?! Perhaps pumpkin tea and pumpkin embroidery?!? I did get some other things in the mail yesterday that I am going to have fun playing with in the days to come. Perhaps I need to move on to turkeys?!

:)

7 left a comment . . .:

Sarah said...

You know that after so many pumpkin posts you might turn into a pumpkin LOL. Great pictures of your painting progress. The tea sounds lovely. I still haven't been able to get the latest Tea Time from the library - it's been very popular...

Jean said...

I love me some hot English tea in the winter. Need to hit the international market for my winter box of tea.

Editfolt said...

These pumpkins look great: D

Barbara F. said...

You and Joc have a way with pumpkins! I bought a white one for the 1st time and it rotted and is now in the trash!!! Bummer. That tea sounds delicious, I love white tea. Perfect to give as a gift to a new bride. xo

Connie said...

What fun pumpkins, great work on them! Your pumpkin spice coffee sounds good and also the Wedding tea! I'm normally a coffee drinker but every once in a while hot tea really hits the spot.

LuAnn said...

Your pumpkins are so cute. That tea would be welcome here today as it is really chilly. And, you can put quilt blocks in the tin when it is empty!

Quilt Hollow said...

You are having just too much fun with all these pumpkins and company and of course....love tea and coffee...great combination!! Pumpkin Spice....ooooooo....yum
and I think Harney Cinnamon Spice tea is my favorite...had you tried it?