Sunday, October 09, 2011

sleepy Sunday . . .

Just a quick little check-in ...

Today's been very quiet. Mainly because I slept through most of the day. *sigh* Like last Sunday, I got off to a very rocky start. I'm not sure why, but it's really getting on my nerves. Unlike last Sunday I did press on ... Todd had already left for work and Joc was heading over, so I just put on my "big girl" panties and went on.

If any of you watched NBC's The Sing Off last season, you might be familiar with this group:

The Committed. Wonderful group of young men performing a'capella, from right here in Huntsville, Alabama. In fact, they won last season! And would you like to know where they were this morning? Performing for me. That's right! They sang this morning at Flint River Baptist Church (where James and Kim serve and attend), and so I went to hear them, along with probably close to a thousand others! The sanctuary was packed this morning, and they did do a wonderful job. What impresses me most is that they've continued to be faithful to give God the glory.

When I wasn't sleeping this afternoon, I was working on a little hand project. It's an idea I had when I was putting my fall lovelies out on display. It would have taken me all of an hour, ninety minutes, tops, if I'd had my sewing machine at foot. But since I don't, and since I was determined that I needed it N.O.W., it's a hand project that's taking me two days. Hopefully I'll have a finish to show for tomorrow.


Speaking of tomorrow, it's the last day to sign up for my Fun, Fall Giveaway! If you haven't yet, what are you waiting for?!? Click right HERE and make sure your name's in the proverbial hat! The giveaway closes at 6:00 pm - central time. Just in time for me to head over to my own birthday party!

Sweet dreams!

:)

7 left a comment . . .:

Barbara F. said...

Sorry I missed this group performing on that show. Have a very happy birthday and enjoy your party. xo

june at noon said...

Oh, I remember Committed! How neat that you got to see them in person!

Gmama Jane said...

I wanted to hear them but Roger wouldn't miss 1st Baptist Hazel Green church service to attend Flint River (now THAT's a switch). However, it ended up being a mute point, because he ended up having to spend the night with his mother at Rehab and then bring her home for a day visit then we both carried her back tonight. She gets to come home for good on Tuesday.
Love your giveaway basket!
Blessings
Jane

Cathy said...

Sorry to hear your day had a rough start. Hopefully the good starts will outnumber the bad ones, and the bad ones will become much less frequent.

Jean said...

Hugs, it can only get better from here... right?

Pat said...

I'm hoping today is a good day for you....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Deanna said...

Happy birthday to us! Happy birthday to us! No need to raise a fusss....happy birthday to us!