Thursday, December 20, 2012

busy, busy, busy . . .

Today will probably be my busiest day before Christmas, with lots of events.  I'm busily making these this morning . . .
Aren't they pretty?  And super easy.  The recipe can be found Cooking Classy - with a sprinkle of fancy.  I'm taking some of them to our staff party at the Madison Baptist Association.  Usually we do a pot luck kind of thing, but this year we are having lunch catered in by Connor's Steak House!  Whooohoo!!  Then we'll do a dirty Santa gift exchange.  I had fun putting together a gift basket of hot chocolates, Starbucks coffees, assorted teas, chocolates (Hershey's cordial kisses and Ghirardelli peppermint bark squares) and a cute mug.  Todd bought a 'man tool'.  LOL!

I'm also making some peppermint cookies to take with the oreo truffles to tonight's guild meeting.  It's our annual holiday meeting ... the board members all bring dessert and the hostess committee (of which I'm an unofficial member) does the program.  We're all supposed to bring a Christmas quilt for a 'merry show and tell'.  I'm bringing my Christmas Star topper and my Holly Jolly topper. It should be a fun evening!  Everyone who did the gingerbread house workshop is supposed them for a show . . . 
This is the one Karen (the hostess of our Stitcher's Etc. Christmas party) made.  I have my camera ready and charged (and will make sure I find out about a pattern, too)!  And in-between the two events?  I'll spend some quality time with my Ellie-belly-baby!  Yay!

I finished my doll quilt swap for Barbara.  This is the absolute earliest I've ever finished a swap!  Since Barbara and I are both local to Huntsville ... and in guild together ... and are friends, to boot, Barbara suggested we swap out at tonight's guild meeting.  I agreed, but the whole time I was thinking, "WOW!  I need to get BUSY!"  LOL!  
This is the little sneak peek of the swap quilt I provided on the swap blog.  This is such a fun swap group!  It's open to new members, too, so if you have any interest, head over to Doll Quilters Monthly and check it out!

Okay ... I still have some gift wrapping and baking and quilt gathering to do, so I need to get on with it!  Have a GREAT day!  I'm linking up with Favorite Things Thursday!

:)

19 sweet people commented:

Needled Mom said...

I can't wait to see all of those gingerbread houses. I would love to make one. We should have a blog quiltalong with them!!! Wouldn't that be fun?

Loved your sneak peek and can't wait to see the rest of the quilt.

Enjoy your busy day.

Love Bears All Things said...

My daughter made the oreo truffles for our cookie swap Saturday.
This week hasn't been so busy for me, last week was. I went out yesterday to deliver the gifts our club bought for our adopted family through west madison school, visited a friend who had surgery and then finished up buy a couple of gifts for Jim and some stocking stuffers.
Today with the rain and clouds, gloomy outside, I'm staying inside with the lights on the tree and I heart radio Christmas music on the computer.
Have fun.
Mama Bear

Missy Shay said...

I really wish I had time to make gingerbread house, but my husband put his foot down and said there was no way I would have time and to not even try it, LOL

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh yummy! Can't wait to see all the gingerbread houses and other goodies - enjoy your day.

Barbara B said...

Now, Denise, by swapping tonight, you have your doll quilt swap for December completely done--do you really think you would be Less busy in the next 11 days? So, I helped you by having us swap tonight, right?

Momof3girls said...

Oh my! Those truffles look delicious! I don't care for Oreos, so I think I might try them with white cake mix and add in some peppermint extract and candy pieces.

I'm so excited about the gingerbread house pattern! :)

I hope you have so much fun tonight!

Kris said...

Sounds like you in for a wonderful, wonderful day!! Have fun, always keeping in mind the reason for the season!! :-)) I KNOW you will!!

Gone Country said...

Fun, fun! And those peppermint, oreo truffles look awesome (even before breakfast, lol!)!

I wish I was together and ready for Christmas. I'm doing the shopping today for the few gifts I'm buying but I'm having trouble finishing up one of my crocheted gifts. I just don't understand the directions on making the handles, grrr! I might just have to make something up so I can get it done.

Have a fantastic time today and can't wait to see the photos!

Barbara F. said...

Have fun at all these wonderful events, Denise! I must say, I got excited when I saw the name "Barbara", til I read local, then back to reality. Haha xo

Connie said...

Enjoy your busy day Denise and those peppermint oreo truffles look yummy! That gingerbread house is adoreable, can't wait to see more of it!

Michelle said...

Oooooh....I'm buying Oreos and chocolate bark today!

Jean(ie) said...

Oh my... I took a double take at that gingerbread house. Looking at it I was wow. She did a really good job making that and keeping the cookies and candy so well. Then I realized it was fabric. SPECTACULAR! That deserves a wow times two!

Those truffles are good. I got a few from the cookie swap. They were the first to go!

Lucy said...

I love quilts but I just purchase them :)
I couldn't even imagine making one, I just lack that talent but boy do I love displaying them and wrapping up in one!!!
Your swap quilt looks beautiful!

c. Joy said...

That Gingerbread House looks good enough to eat. The truffles look good, too. Enjoy your grandbaby!

Kim said...

Have fun with this busy day and enjoy your granddaughter - the truffles look delicious :)
Wishing you and your family a very merry Christmas!

Barbara said...

Oh boy, busy at this end too! Your gingerbread house is darling, and your doll quilt is so pretty.

Janet O. said...

Those truffles look mouth watering!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I'm pretty sure I could get seriously addicted to those truffles! blessings, marlene

Katherines Corner said...

looking forward to seeing the houses. Those truffles look amazing. You are going to be busy. Thank you for sharing at the hop :-)