Thursday, December 06, 2012

join me for favorite things thursday . . .

I know I've made no secret of what (who) my favorite things are, right?  So it will be no surprise to anyone that today, the day I get to co-host Favorite Things Thursday, that three of my mostest favorite things will make an appearance?!

Even though I make it a point to see them each weekly, it never ceases to amaze me how much growing and maturing they do in the time I'm not seeing them!

Look how grown up and "big brother-ish" my Sawyer is, holding his sister . . . 
Isn't he just precious?  He's such a sweet-natured, compassionate little guy.

And Ellie ... she's at the stage where she's doing something new every single day.  Breaking in a new tooth or standing up by herself or taking steps or making a new sound or trying out a word. 
I can hardly stand the fact that she'll be one year old in just thirty-five days! Where has the last year gone?

And then there's sweet little June . . .
What a beautiful baby she is!  Still trying to get into her groove and figure out when it's sleep time and when it's awake time.  But even in these first five weeks, she's grown and filled out so much.

Is it any wonder that these three sweet grandchildren are among the top numbers of my favorite things list?

My children (and their spouses, of course) are in the top numbers, too.  So that's why I have *no* problem sharing this next thing that's just given me giggles for the past day.  My son and my son-in-law have been collaborating on this project for a while now and finally launched the beta version yesterday morning.  I give you . . . 
That's right, BeardRank.com.  A website for ranking beards.  Definitely a man thing.  But just twelve hours after launching yesterday,  they had over SEVENTY beards uploaded.  I think it may catch on!!  It's definitely worth checking out ... and sharing with your bearded fellows (husbands, significant others, sons/sons-in-law, grandsons, bosses, co-workers, etc.) ... and feel free to "like" any of the beards you see while you're there.  And you can follow them on Twitter *and* Facebook, too! 

And finally, while not quite up there in the top numbers with family, y'all know I love hops and giveaways!  So I'm really excited about Quilting Gallery's Blog Hop Party -- celebrating five years -- with presents!  
In fact I'll be hosting a giveaway in conjunction with the big shindig right here, on December 9th, so be sure to check that out!

So, that's my favorite things for today ... now it's *your* turn!  The Thursdays Favorite Things hop is where you can link your favorite post or write a post about your favorite things and share with old and new followers!  First, here are the rules (yes, there are rules, but just a few):


  • You must be a follower of Katherines Corner preferably through e-mail, it's on her right sidebar ( or she has facebookgoogle plus and twitter too)
  • If you’re a new follower, please let her know how you follow. She will follow you back.
  • Please follow my blog too -- and let *me* know so I can follow you, too!!
  • No adult content blogs.
  • Blogs only please.

Visit and follow as many other blogs in the list as are appealing -- I've made some lovely friends and gotten some *fabulous* ideas this way.  Since it's the Christmas season, there are bound to be lots of fun things floating around! Please leave comments when you visit and let them know that we sent you. Nobody expects you to visit all of them (although that would be awesome). Just click and go. 
Now hop on and share your favorites. If you’d like to post this blog hop on your page please just grab the linky code. Or if you would like to be a co-host please contact Katherine.

*participants who link up will be sent weekly reminders of this wonderful hop*

Please grab the hop button to share with others, you can copy and paste the image with a link to KatherinesCorner.com OR grab the code from Katherines Corner on her right sidebar.  It’s always nice to have the hop button on your post. But it IS NOT mandatory, although a link back to Katherine's blog is always appreciated.

Happy Thursday ... happy hopping ... and happy doing laundry for me -- the washer/dryer arrived late yesterday afternoon!

:)


17 left a comment . . .:

Furita Rhapsados said...

awww such cute babies I really want to give them a big hug ^^

Thanks for being the co-host, following ^^

Furita x

Kerri said...

Adorable little ones!

Katherines Corner said...

You grandbabies are sooo adorable. Thank you for being my co host today xo

AntiquityTravelers said...

What a sweet post, and those kids are all just so cute! lovely bunch you've got here

Momof3girls said...

Such sweet, sweet pictures! June's picture makes her look like a little baby doll. I can't blame you one bit for these being your favorite things. They would be mine too! :)

must love junk said...

Thanks for co-hosting :)
I'm already following you-have a great day!
Susan

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

coming over from Katrines Corner and following :)

Vanessa said...

Hi, Denise

Stopping by for the blog hop. Enjoyed looking around your lovely blog and I am following you. Love for you to stop by www.homesweetbutterfly.com. Have a great day!

Vanessa

Holly McDonald said...

New follower from the Hop! Thanks for hosting this week!

holly
http://notdonegrowing.blogspot.com/

Donna McBroom-Theriot said...

Beautiful blog. I'm following via Katherine's hop. Hope you'll visit soon. Donna
http://mylife-in-stories.blogspot.com

Jean(ie) said...

Grandbaby love... They are so precious!!!!!

Courtney G said...

Great to meet you from Katherine's! What gorgeous little grandbabies:)

Melissa said...

Love your blog!
Im following you from Katherines Thursday Favorite Things. =)

Your Grandbabies are so cute!

Love all of your Pinterest boards also!

Sylvia Phillips said...

Beautiful children! Makes me wish mine were little again! Sometimes i wish they didn't ever grow up!

Sarah said...

Hold on a sec...where are Sawyer's chubby cheeks?! He really is growing up - it's amazing how the 3 have grown! Beard Rank? Really? Gotta be a guy thing!

mail4rosey said...

Nope, there is zero wonder why they top your 'favorites' list. :)

I'm visiting you today from Thursday's Favorite Things. :)

Mary said...

Baby June is Beautiful! No wonder you love them all, those eyes and chubby cheeks have IT! I'm sure you saw My favorite things posting from my Visit in Colorado...