Thursday, December 27, 2012

sorry i'm so late, but . . .


My car ran out of gas!  No.

My alarm clock didn't go off this morning!  Double no.

Traffic was really bad!  *yawn*

I got pulled over?  Sounds like a personal problem.

The dog ate my homework?!?  Good gravy, that's so fifth grade.

I know, I had to finish a QUILT!  Say what??!

Ummmm, I had to hack a fallen tree in half to clear the driveway??
*ding*ding*ding*  We have a winner!  (Poor Todd -- luckily it was only one tree!)  That was yesterday morning.  We had sustained winds of 20-30 mph overnight ... blustery indeed!  Temps quickly dropped and we had snow flurries throughout the day yesterday, fun!

Some folks will go to any lengths in order to get to 1,000 posts, won't they?  This is 995, by the way . . . !!!

We had a gorgeous visitor on Christmas Day . . . I think perhaps he was one of Santa's that sneaked away for a bit of a well-deserved break . . .
Simply grand.

:)

11 sweet people commented:

Janet O. said...

Tree across the driveway? Good excuse to stay home and sew. : ) Unless, of course, you are trying to go see the grandkids.

Michelle said...

Oh my...glad the tree was only on the road and not on any buildings. Beautiful deer!

Needled Mom said...

Sounds like a good excuse to me!!!

racheld said...

Denise,

I look in often and enjoy all your posts with their bright cheery joy.

I hope you've been well and warm and happy this Blessed Season.

rachel

Jean(ie) said...

Glad you're safe. I wondered how the weather was with all the changes this week. I know it's been a wild ride.

Lee said...

Hehe, love your humor (btw, I enjoyed all your Christmas/winter jokes). Downed trees make for good firewood later, but you probably don't have any lack of firewood and probably don't use it in your RV, but the camp, that's another story! Nice buck shot! He is grand!

Teresa in Music City said...

Almost there - only 5 more to go! You can do it!!! We had lots of wind too and it took out our satellite TV. We are waiting for the repair guy to show up this afternoon - Don is not sure what to do with himself :*) He's not used to being home this time of day, and his only occupation - TV - is not available to him. YIKES! I'm praying that guy gets here soon :*)

Kate said...

The weather has been just nuts. Glad that it was no worse.

Barbara F. said...

Daneesy, 1000 posts!! I have a lot more blogging to do lol. That deer is grand! Wonderful that you captured the moment. Love ya always, xo

Doniene said...

Many blustery days about! Glad it was on the road and not the RV!!! Always fun to see wildlife - seems to keep us grounded - amazing how God's creation speaks to our hearts!

Blessings

Kathy A. said...

Works for me! Thanks for the chuckle.